• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The older one has the higher pitch squeak and lasts longer

This is where things are becoming confusing

Not meaning to be rude, however testing over 50 of the same product says the newer model has the higher pitched squeak

There are obviously iSqueak balls out there that defy this, or.... perhaps they used a particular squeaker many years ago,

changed to another, and have now gone back to the original.

We are talking about a product that is mass produced... there is bound to be some variation

Just for interest, here is a photo of the two different types I have. The one on the left is the older squeaky type (maybe two years old) and the one on the right is the newer one that quacks (purchased about seven mths ago). You can see how the newer one on the right is all cracked and won't last for much longer. Big difference in quality.

This is what the difference between the one from Clean Run and the one from Wagsalot look like too, with the one from Clean Run having cracked like your newer one. Where I'm still confused, and I'm not sure if I'm just dense, but I'm being told on one hand that the high pitched squeak is the new iSqueak and the quack-like one is the old iSqueak and in the next breath someone else says the quack-like squeak and rubber that breaks up more easily is the new one and the tougher kind with the high pitched squeak is the old kind. This second version fits with what I have in my hands if the old, square dog-house shaped tag is anything to go by as that is the ball that is tougher and has the high pitch. Sorry if I'm just stupid and have been reading all of this for too long and have just confused myself and everyone else is crystal clear about it all. embarrass.gif

All of my older ones have the high pitched squeak and last for ages. But the last lot I bought from clean run about seven months ago are the ones that quack and crack.

I also want to say thank you so much for persisting through this with me. Who would have thought a simple dog toy could cause so much grief!

No grief here...

It is interesting given the variance out there of something which you would hope had some level of consistency

Ptolomy my balls are from the Last combined order we did from Clean Run and my balls from that order didn't last and squeaked different, is this the same for yours?? The order we did that was just balls lasted forever I still have 1 or 2 and they still squeak

Something that just came to mind re the rubber cracking...

When goods are imported (mainly food, wood, type items) the container is subject to irradiation.

I am sure some on here know what this does to some pet foods... (not good)

It also is not good for plastics and rubbers, affecting there composition (I stock some aquarium products (liquids) and the

white plastic bottle goes brown and the label yellows).

It could be a long shot but maybe that has affected some stock.

(although I doubt Clean Run stock would be affected by this as AQIS don't irradiate mail items to my knowledge)

I also want to say thank you so much for persisting through this with me. Who would have thought a simple dog toy could cause so much grief!

No grief here...

It is interesting given the variance out there of something which you would hope had some level of consistency

If nothing else you've scored a new customer as I didn't know about Pets1 until this thread. :)

Pets1 are fantastic I did 3 orders in 2 weeks to stock up for my pups birthday which in on Monday, can't wait to see if they like the crackle head cuz's

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Just for interest, here is a photo of the two different types I have. The one on the left is the older squeaky type (maybe two years old) and the one on the right is the newer one that quacks (purchased about seven mths ago). You can see how the newer one on the right is all cracked and won't last for much longer. Big difference in quality.

Do you mind if I save a copy of this image to show the powers that be?

Also, this image shows the difference in the squeaker (I think previously I called it the nipple... ) lol

Also, the older squeaky ones I've got haven't lost any sound at all (they still squeak loudly), but some of the newer ones have already lost their quack.

No grief here...

If nothing else you've scored a new customer as I didn't know about Pets1 until this thread. :)

Pets1 are fantastic I did 3 orders in 2 weeks to stock up for my pups birthday which in on Monday, can't see if they like the crackle head cuz's

I've also had orders from Pets1 and they were great.

A timely reminder as well (it is in our thread in the Commercial Marketplace topic area)

When ordering use discount (coupon) code " DogzOnline2012 " to get between 3-5% off all products

(For those that did not use the code, I send via Express shipping so you still get a benefit)

K9Pro stock i-squeaks and are currently offering free shipping until midnight Sunday (I think from memory).

http://www.k9pro.com.au/categories/Dog-Toys/JW-Pet/

Thanks, unfortunately the mediums are out of stock.

Hey guys

We've got these back in stock now :) And we have an extra 5% off for DOLers who use the code DOLERSSAVE. DOLers get great bargains shopping through DOL!

Lucky for me my dog doesn't care about the sound of the squeak, he only cares that a) it makes noise and b) it's a ball :laugh:

I've got a crackle head cuz in my shopping cart. :D Just looking through everything else and seeing how much trouble I can get myself in to. Maybe if I tell myself I'm just buying for his birthday in two months... :p

I bet Justice will love it! We just got these in and they've gone so mad we had to order more than double what we originally did to keep up with the demand. What dog wouldn't love a plastic bottle inside a ball??? I have to admit I haven't been this excited about a new product in a little while. Mr Micha's two favourite things in the world are chewy rubbery balls (like Cuz balls and iSqueaks) and plastic bottles.

Edited by huski

A timely reminder as well (it is in our thread in the Commercial Marketplace topic area)

When ordering use discount (coupon) code " DogzOnline2012 " to get between 3-5% off all products

(For those that did not use the code, I send via Express shipping so you still get a benefit)

I love the express shipping im in WA and the stuff gets here in 2-3 days :)

Woah so many replies since I made my last post a few hours ago :laugh:

Ruby, this is something I will ask John (owner of JW) in person and will certainly get an answer.

I don't know if it is lower quality, as such, but there is a difference in the feel of the product, and

if the end user says they are more easily damaged, then feedback is the best course of action.

Thanks, I am sure all of us here concerned with what appears to be a quality reduction are appreciative!

I probably didn't word it very well. I just meant that I would rather have the ones with the quacky sound even if it means they're not as durable. There's no point in us having stronger ones if they only come with a high pitched squeak because Justice hates them.

Ah ok, makes sense now!

YES! This is what mine look like, too. The ones with the "nipple" on the left in the pic, much better quality. Even when the squeaker pops out a bit, I can usually shove my finger in and pop it back in. One of mine has lost the squeak altogether, but the rubber is still fantastic. My newer ones I can't fix the squeaker as the lip is different, and the rubber is cracked. Not to add to the confusion, but my newer ones personally have the quack sound (but the sound isn't a bother to me, but dogs love them regardless of squeak type, or no squeak at all! They just go nuts for these balls!)

This is what the difference between the one from Clean Run and the one from Wagsalot look like too, with the one from Clean Run having cracked like your newer one.

Maybe we shouldn't focus on the tag type or squeak type, it looks like the way to differentiate between the old and new is the actual squeaker appearance. Old ones have the "nipple"!