The First Supreme Grand Ch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there have been several reported on facebook .... from NSW & Qld who had

shows today ....

and yes .. a Maltese has the Certificate already ... express processing

at DogsNSW and they stayed and waited for it.

I think that it doesn't really matter as there would be many dogs who would have met the criteria that can not get that one CC that is needed. Great dogs are great dogs no matter what letters they may or may not have before ( or after ) their name.

As far as in their controlling body and processed I think the ESS has it but I'm unsure why some of the big states didn't decide to have a show on Monday the 2nd, could have made for an interesting day.

As far as in their controlling body and processed I think the ESS has it but I'm unsure why some of the big states didn't decide to have a show on Monday the 2nd, could have made for an interesting day.

I would think some of the Queensland dogs would have got it first as they had a show on Tuesday. Don't forget, you are only eligible AFTER 1st July so if you got your CC on the 1st of July you would still need one CC for your Supreme...

Edited by Havasneeze

You're correct Megz, the title was not even available on the data base when I went to process Meazles. When D NSW phoned to say they had updated the database, they told me they had one to process as well. I hit "add title" before the phone call finished, I then processed our second the Golden Retriever.

Graham

Saw on facebook that

Irish Water Spaniel

Mutli BIS / R/U BIS Australian Supreme Champion/American Champion Whistlestop's Special Agent AM CD AM RN AM CGC (Imp USA)

in South Australia has his supreme

Can't have - has to wait until tomorrow here to get the challenge AFTER july 1st to qualify. I know of at least two other dogs who would have got their supreme if the ruling was FROM 1st July and not AFTER 1st July.

So - the person on FB that is claiming their SA dog is a Supreme CH, is jumping the gun just a little bit....

You're correct Megz, the title was not even available on the data base when I went to process Meazles. When D NSW phoned to say they had updated the database, they told me they had one to process as well. I hit "add title" before the phone call finished, I then processed our second the Golden Retriever.

Graham

Looks like we need an update of how many (and who) were processed today Graham :)

Saw on facebook that

Irish Water Spaniel

Mutli BIS / R/U BIS Australian Supreme Champion/American Champion Whistlestop's Special Agent AM CD AM RN AM CGC (Imp USA)

in South Australia has his supreme

Can't have - has to wait until tomorrow here to get the challenge AFTER july 1st to qualify. I know of at least two other dogs who would have got their supreme if the ruling was FROM 1st July and not AFTER 1st July.

So - the person on FB that is claiming their SA dog is a Supreme CH, is jumping the gun just a little bit....

Not if they are showing interstate already. There were shows in Alice Springs today that the owners of the above dog travel to and support on a very regular basis.

There was one in Qld last weekend on the 1st that was apparently accepted by the Qld CC. So I guess for what its worth that would have been the 1st one.

It had to be AFTER the first. which is a bit silly

Well apparently that wasn't the case in Qld - The rule states 'from' and they accepted the title app. Personally I don't care at all and am sick of all the fuss about it. If you want this title on your dog and your dog qualify's congrats but :shrug: .

There was one in Qld last weekend on the 1st that was apparently accepted by the Qld CC. So I guess for what its worth that would have been the 1st one.

It had to be AFTER the first. which is a bit silly

Well apparently that wasn't the case in Qld - The rule states 'from' and they accepted the title app. Personally I don't care at all and am sick of all the fuss about it. If you want this title on your dog and your dog qualify's congrats but :shrug: .

and the name calling etc that has been going on, really showcases the dog world at it's worst.

It doesn't matter who was first

Is there anything that the dog world will not bitch about! It appears that it is now necessary to have a time clock at ringside and clock on and off as you exhibit just so someone can claim to have the first. Time has nothing to do with it. Poor old Perth has no chance of being first at anything as they have a time disadvantage. Tasmania has no allbreeds show this weekend. It does not matter. It is an achievement to get any title (with competition) and you should be happy to have a dog that has won enough to be a Supreme. Sadly there are many great dogs of the past who more than met the requirements for Grand and Supreme titles but will forever just be plain old champion. Fight about who was first all you like but it really just means you were lucky or able to show at a show midweek or a show where it had a small entry and got to your breed alphabetically before another show reached your breeds judging. All this discussion does is show the dogworld at its absolute worse.