Lady Looking For A Pup Beware

We got an apllication to adopt from this lady Kylie from Macarthur (happy to provide full name on request) She has a current 9 month old GSD and is looking for another dog at least on paper that is how it appears. I have included parts of an email trail regarding one of our pups named Bubbles.

This email trail occured after a meet and greet.

hi Kylie,

Your application mentioned a 9 month old GSD did you want to bring her on suday to make sure they get on o.k.

Reply from Kylie

she is actually going to my parents on Saturday! She was too aggressive around my young daughter(childs name removed) and trying to bite

Cheers kylie

Lab rescues reply

Hi Kylie,

Unfortunately due to your change in circumstance with your other dog not being around to keep bubble company while you work. I am unable to rehome bubbles to you. It is Labradore Rescues policy to only rehome pups and dogs under the age of one, with people who have another dog for company during the day.

If you have deposited any money into the Lab rescue accounts we will refund it.

Kylie reply

Oh bugger, so if I keep my other dog I can have bubbles?

I just ha to tell my parents that I'll be keeping Ruby

Will that cause any issues?

My parents are in Melbourne and nothing was set in stone about bringing ruby to them.

I was really set on bubbles as Ruby is an outside dog she refuses to come in the hose.

Lab rescues reply

Hi Kylie

Being so young Bubble is likely to follow and learn from Ruby the resident dog. If you are uncomfortable with Ruby’s behaviour you may like to look into having a behaviourist help you with the way forward, whether that is changing your management and training of her or rehoming her elsewhere. Only a professional can provide this advice especially where there is a young child in the family, their safety of course is paramount. Buying a second dog to solve an existing problem often makes it worse.

I’m sorry to disappoint you but we won’t be rehoming Bubble with you.

Many thanks

Last reply from Kylie

Ok

Please remove my details ill look else where

Sorry for the drawn out detail of this message but we at Lab rescue would hate for a young dog or any dog to end up with this person only to be dumped or moved on if it got to hard.

Happy to provide more information if you think this person has applied to adopt from your rescue group.

Going by your post above, I cannot believe this woman was happy to hold on to her GSD who is apparently aggressive towards her child, just in order to get another dog. :eek:

Geez, poor kid.:(

Did your ad state they needed to have another dog ? The GSD could well be made up , thats why it wasn't going to be there, and she made up an excuse?

Either way, dodgy.

She applied not for a specific dog so she didn't originally know about bubbles as he wasn't advertised yet he was finishing his quarintine and having vet work done. she just specified an age. up to 2 years

Edited by Lab Rescue NSW/ACT