Need Before And After Pics! Warning Graphic Images May Upset

mixeduppup

Hi guys, I'm in the middle of making a video promoting adoption and highlighting the plight of dogs in pounds but also showing the difference in the same dog once it is adopted or rescued. I'm a bit stuck though as I'd like a few different breeds and even though the rescues I'm involved in have many dogs, they are all similar types. So I was wondering if I could get some before an after pics to put in my video or even a video of a dog after rescue a pic or two of it before. Please pm me if you have anything like this.

Thanks!

Edited by mixeduppup

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, I'm in the middle of making a video promoting adoption and highlighting the plight of dogs in pounds but also showing the difference in the same dog once it is adopted or rescued. I'm a bit stuck though as I'd like a few different breeds and even though the rescues I'm involved in have many dogs, they are all similar types. So I was wondering if I could get some before an after pics to put in my video or even a video of a dog after rescue a pic or two of it before. Please pm me if you have anything like this.

Thanks!

You are not always going to see a physical difference in a dog after it has been adopted, unless it the dog is coated or it is an extreme case, there may only be a minor difference in a dog's appearance.

Why not concentrate on showing fantastic looking shots of dogs after they have been adopted, that will appeal to a range of potential dog owners looking for a great dog? Showing images of dogs in terrible condition may evoke pity, but may not be an effective tool if your aim is to promote adoption. It can also induce compassion fatigue in some people and they will ignore the entire message.

If the aim is primarily to highlight the plight of dogs in pounds, I'm not sure that showing 'before' shots will illustrate this.

You could consider putting infographics in your video that show the scale of the problem, the number of dogs that enter pounds and the numbers that are adopted, as a way to highlight the plight of dogs in pounds.

Good idea. I'd still like the option of doing that though. I just don't have access to enough dogs here to do a proper video and won't look at google as don't want to infringe copright, but if people willingly help me out by giving me their pictures to use that's different. So here's hoping. Thanks for the advice.

Good idea. I'd still like the option of doing that though. I just don't have access to enough dogs here to do a proper video and won't look at google as don't want to infringe copright, but if people willingly help me out by giving me their pictures to use that's different. So here's hoping. Thanks for the advice.

He hasn't been rehomed yet but you are welcome to use Dale if you wish. The pfofessional photo was taken the day after he arrived. He is still in care as he had to put on weight and have chiropractic work and now has had his cruciate ligament replaced (was too damaged to repair).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.386506141389315.97084.120996534606945&type=3

I could send you a picture of my dog Jove, Ive got his pound picture, but I don't think he looks that different, he actualy looks happy in his pound picture :laugh: .

This is DJ . He is from Renbury. He was so weak on arrival he could not walk from intake to his pen and had to be carried. He now lives with a family and taught their daughter not to be scared of dogs. They now have another pei puppy.

DJ3.jpg

DJ1.jpg

DJ22.jpg

DJ.jpg

Can u put a warning on your title as I know some will be upset by these photos. I can take them down and email if you prefer

This is DJ . He is from Renbury. He was so weak on arrival he could not walk from intake to his pen and had to be carried. He now lives with a family and taught their daughter not to be scared of dogs. They now have another pei puppy.

DJ3.jpg

DJ1.jpg

DJ22.jpg

DJ.jpg

OH WOW!!! He looks amazing Ams! I was giving him cuddles in the sick shed when he became ill, I was so worried about him and still think of him often :) . Have the RF crew seen his updated pics? Would it be possible to post them to their facebook page if not? I may have one or two happy tears just now :)

ETA- Just realised I took those impound pics and still have them on my laptop :). Darling DJ.

Edited by julzjc

OH WOW!!! He looks amazing Ams! I was giving him cuddles in the sick shed when he became ill, I was so worried about him and still think of him often :) . Have the RF crew seen his updated pics? Would it be possible to post them to their facebook page if not? I may have one or two happy tears just now :)

ETA- Just realised I took those impound pics and still have them on my laptop :). Darling DJ.

Julz I have put his photos up on the RF page before. I think Rach may have shed a happy tear or two herself.

Thank you everyone but these are the types of condition every rescue faces at some point. I haven't kept photos of all of them and these ones are the happy endings. Some aren't.

One of my clients has seen this thread and given permission to share some video of her adopted dog Destiny. Destiny is from Temora Pound. She was timid and scared of everything. She wouldn't play, wouldn't zoomie and didn't want any attention from me. Jane came out to meet another dog who didn't want anything to do with her but Destiny kept creeping up behind us trying to sniff her knees. I pointed this out and we cleared all the other dogs away so Jane could meet Destiny on her terms. The rest is history.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peiradise-Paradise-for-Rescued-Shar-Pei/120996534606945#!/photo.php?v=393374844035778&set=vb.120996534606945&type=2&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peiradise-Paradise-for-Rescued-Shar-Pei/120996534606945#!/photo.php?v=393467000693229&set=vb.120996534606945&type=2&permPage=1

No but I have some of her first days in her new house where she would only sit at the door or be curled up in the garden if they help.