So Annoyed! They Changed The Ingredients

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Nadsi suggested the Pookinuk website as they list ingredients for each product. This kibble may be worth a try, if Koda is ok with fish: My link

It does contain oatmeal and rice so if Koda can't tolerate those grains it's no good. Generally, it seems that wheat and corn are more problematic grains for some dogs though.

This is the only kibble I've found so far that my dog can tolerate. It's not cheap, but I only feed a small amount of kibble, about 1/2 cup a day (his diet is mostly meat/ VAN and bones).

Good luck, it can take a long time to figure out what works for your dog. :)

I have sent an email to them but have not had a reply and I suspect I won't as its been about a week now. Really not a fan of Purina due to last contact with them but their product was working fir our koda.

I have ordered a small bag of TOTW salmon product to trial from the natural pet store site. Does anyone know if there is a site in WA that stocks it and might be cheaper delivery for future reference as for a small bag it cost $15 for deivery. Thanks.

Guest donatella

I have ordered a small bag of TOTW salmon product to trial from the natural pet store site. Does anyone know if there is a site in WA that stocks it and might be cheaper delivery for future reference as for a small bag it cost $15 for deivery. Thanks.

try

http://www.pookinuk.com.au/delivery

they have $5 shiping to Perth and you can find out how much outside the major centres?

$15 is expensive.

Guest donatella

Pookinook didn't have big enough bags I think when I checked.

I saw that too but it also had on the TOTW page "buy a large bag of TOTW and get a small bag valued at $24.95 for free" so I'm not sure what that's about

• 3 weeks later...

Still no progress. We started to try TOTW but Koda has gone backwards at the moment. Started on ZD Ultra and it's too soon to tell yet. She went good on the other food until antibiotics finished that she was taking for cyst infection......feel so frustrated trying to sort this out.

Feel your pain, I am having similar problems with a cat. This is a bit out of left field but try super coat lite if this food doesn't work. Someone on another forum has found this has worked for her IBD cat.. I am also finding a fairly crappy food is working for my cat. If I try and give him the good food I get liquid poo. We tend to go better food with tummy problems but maybe not so good stuff might go down better? I have a tummy problem and did have a doctor tell me to eat maccers etc because it would be easier for my tummy to digest.

Feel your pain, I am having similar problems with a cat. This is a bit out of left field but try super coat lite if this food doesn't work. Someone on another forum has found this has worked for her IBD cat.. I am also finding a fairly crappy food is working for my cat. If I try and give him the good food I get liquid poo. We tend to go better food with tummy problems but maybe not so good stuff might go down better? I have a tummy problem and did have a doctor tell me to eat maccers etc because it would be easier for my tummy to digest.

Yeah we had found supercoat sensative worked for her for the most part but they have gone and changed the recipe and put corn and alot of other stuff in it. We've found the simplier food seems to be better. Will look at the lite but I think it will have lamb/beef in it which is a prob. It's so frustrating, Not good for her, we are constantly worried we have to go to the vet again and trying to work this riddle out is stressful.

Has anyone found adding oats to help dogs like this????

People with gluten problems are told to avoid oats so might cause problems. Have you tried natures gift kibble in chicken? That doesn't have much stuff in it.

I looked at Nature's gift this afternoon as well. Doesn't have much in it and fat content is down but does have wheat????? So not sure about it.

TOTW gives mine the most horrific gas / the smell when I came home from work almost made me throw up! Earthborn holistic is much more expensive, but they thrive on it.

I bought TOTW as I think it had lower fat then earthborn but I could be mistaken as I have looked at so many products its hard to remember them all now. I just noticed that Natural Balance has a gluten free product too http://www.naturalbalance.net.au/our-products/

People with gluten problems are told to avoid oats so might cause problems. Have you tried natures gift kibble in chicken? That doesn't have much stuff in it.

I looked at Nature's gift this afternoon as well. Doesn't have much in it and fat content is down but does have wheat????? So not sure about it.

I spoke to them about it years ago. It has a little bit of wheat in it to bind the kibble.. Unless you know the dog has a problem with wheat I would give it a go. The kibble I am feeding the cat has heaps of stuff in it that I thought would be a problem.