Goodbye Shadow

Recently my family said goodbye to our Staffy, Shadow. She came into my life almost ten years ago when my family moved into a house after living on a boat, and we decided we wanted a dog. It was me who came up with the name Shadow after two days of the family being unable to agree on anything, since she followed us about and was the right colour for little Shadow :)

Shadow grew up with Zeke, my old boy, teaching him his manners as a puppy. Though I had moved out by the time I got Jayne, who crossed the bridge too early as well, she welcomed his an his maniac terrier energy into her world every time we visited. More recently she was one of the first dogs Maya met outside her immediate pack and as usual, Shadow accepted her with a wagging tail, the way she did everybody.

Shadow loved lying on mum's best sheepskin rugs, chasing balls, sticks and any toy you'd throw for her, barked incessantly at possums, and was an all around good natured Staffy. Though she was the whole family's dog everybody knew that meant my mum's dog, and my thoughts are with her as she goes on her morning walks each day alone.

Shadow broke her leg - I think hopping down off the couch - and due to the hardship of previous surgery on her knee ligaments and the necessity to insert a steel plate (which was have increased the odds of damage to the other leg and also the odds she would be in pain) Mum opted to have Shadow put down.

We miss you girl.

ShadowChew.jpg

11Weeks_Wrestle5.jpg

11Weeks_Trio.jpg

• 2 weeks later...