Any Older Chis Looking For A Home?

Hi everyone

My mum is feeling much better so she has taken Lulu (SV) back home with her and my little chi is missing having a friend his own size so I'm thinking of added another little chi to the clan. I'm not sure I want another 15+ years of little dogs so I'm thinking of one a little closer to his age (current boy is 9).

My little chi is pretty good with other littlies, he is desexed, he's a little bossy but gets on well with most smaller dogs, he gets intimidated by bigger dogs so I'd like something close to his size (he is around 3.5-4kg). My sibe is unpredictable so he is separated at all times from the smaller dogs they often get crated during the day while I'm at work or if it's a really nice day they have a seperate little yard. When I'm at home they are in the yard or inside in another section to the sibe.

Anyway if anyone has an older littlie they think might fit in here let me know, preferrably within cooee of Toowoomba but if they able to be transported they could be further afield.

Guest donatella

OMG varicool on this website who runs Tiny Dog Rescue just rescued an older Chi girl. She's based in Brisbane. Maybe find her group on facebook and check her out?

I'm not sure if/when this girl is up for adoption but could be a perfect match :D

Guest donatella

Yeah I just saw that.

I fostered a Chi for her and he was the coolest little dude ever, so hard to give up buy he's gone on to live with a Chi sister so I know he's living a good life.

Sadly Chis pop up in pounds quite frequently!

I know it's crazy isn't it? Chis are the easiest dogs in the world to own, they mostly exercise themselves, don't eat much, cute and cuddly, don't take up much space, just give them a bit of love and company and they are happy as larry, piece of cake really :)

Guest lavendergirl

If you have a Husky who is unpredictable around small dogs you may have a problem with a rescue group allowing you to adopt a little Chi - even though he is separated. Considering some of the horrible threads we have seen here lately :(

If you have a Husky who is unpredictable around small dogs you may have a problem with a rescue group allowing you to adopt a little Chi - even though he is separated. Considering some of the horrible threads we have seen here lately :(

I have an older chi cross here, whilst i don't want to keep him myself, he's had a rotten life and is a really adorable dog.

I would be terrified that in the situation described, an accident could happen. You do read about people with cats, keeping them separate from their dogs for if they got out amongst them, something bad would happen and from time to time, it does.

I would not rehome to what I perceive as a very risky situation - for my precious foster dog.

Guest lavendergirl

Toowoomba RSPCA has a chi girl there. Black and white and mid-aged. But it does say she is a bit nervy so needs a quiet home.

I doubt the RSPCA would re-home to this situation either seeing as they expect all household dogs to meet prior to adoption.

I totally understand that a rescue may feel it was risky, that's totally fine I certainly wouldn't be annoyed if they didn't home one to me because of that :)

I can only say that the very few times the sibe has had a go in the past have terrified me enough to be very vigilant about keeping them separated (he hasn't killed any little dogs but he is just too rough :( ). So now they are not togther under any circumstances, they are separated in the house with a child gate and only when I'm in the house too, any other time they are in crates or in their separate yards, the loss of a littlie would be far too devastating for me to ever risk it. It's a juggling act for sure but I've been doing it fine with my current chi so I am confident that I can do it with another :)