I'm All Shook Up

trinabean

I've just arrived home to an unsettling incident.

I had taken my kids to the movies and left Bruno outside as it was warm and sunny. As we returned home and pulled into our street, a bunch of guys were making a hasty exit from my driveway and took off down the street. My neighbour had confronted them after they climbed into my backyard and went down the side of my house. They apparently went around and jumped the locked gate into the carport/ front yard and left quickly. Bruno didn't even bark at them. Maybe they didn't realize there was a dog here? He looked a little agitated. I'm just glad he's ok and wasn't let out of the yard.

Thank goodness for good neighbours!

Typical something happens the time you leave him out ..I often think about leaving rogue out in the yard when I go to the shops but I get this feeling that something may happen.. You just never know.. Thank goodness you have a good vigilant neighbor :-)

Mumof4girls it was such a 'Murphy's Law' moment. Typically I leave him inside, but the weather was decent today. I also wasn't sure how long we'd be out, and didn't want him hanging out for toileting. :o

And yes, Mr Mister I filed an incident report with police. Although nothing was stolen it was, apparently, trespass, and there have been a spike of burglaries in the area lately. I was surprised actually, they sent a police car straight over to look around the suburb.

And yes LabTested they looked to be about 15-17 I think. Acne in full swing. It's school holidays here still. I can't think why they picked my house, there are much easier yards in the street to get into. Mine is one of the few houses where someone is home during the week too.

edited to add: I thought they looked like adults as they were all so tall. My neighbour got a closer look at them though so yes, probably just bored teenagers, up to mischief...

Edited by trinabean

God, my Toy Poodle chased a burgler out of my partner's house last week too! He opened the front door and she (Maggie) went insane and ripped the lead out of his hand, barking and screaming manically.. a guy ran out of a room, out the back door and over the back fence, with 4kg Maggie "The Killer" on his heels. Scary :eek:

His car got broken into on Monday night too, and apparently the house across the road got broken into last weekend. :mad GAH I hate people!!!

So glad they didn't actually break in and get anything from your house trinabean!

Terrible :( I would be shaken and upset as well.

I remember two Rotties coming in with rangers a while ago. They were beautiful dogs, a neighbour reported a dog attack as they were chasing a man down the street.

These dogs were gorgeous, well mannered and very well cared for. They were chipped, called the owner and she was there in a heartbeat.

Turns out they were both inside, someone broke into the house, freaked when they saw the dogs, opened the door and ran.

The dogs took off after him bless them. Needless to say things were resolved very quickly and they became heros :)

Their owner was incredible. I remember her sitting on the concrete crying her heart out when she saw them impounded. It was heart breaking.

I hope you are safe all and sound now, be extra careful just in case.

Good on your neighbour!! It might be worth letting all the other neighbours know (you may have done already) so that you can all look out for one another...that is the thieves' most unfavourable conditions...people taking notice!

Have to laugh at Bruno being a lover not a fighter :laugh:

Tonka is similar to Maggie I think, he is very protective and feisty if he senses something diffeent around the home...so I feel incredibly safe even though he is a 4kg ankle biter :)

Good on your neighbour!! It might be worth letting all the other neighbours know (you may have done already) so that you can all look out for one another...that is the thieves' most unfavourable conditions...people taking notice!

Have to laugh at Bruno being a lover not a fighter :laugh:

Tonka is similar to Maggie I think, he is very protective and feisty if he senses something diffeent around the home...so I feel incredibly safe even though he is a 4kg ankle biter :)

Yeah definitely let the neighbours know, the more of you keeping watch the better.

It's hearing things like this that make me so thankful for my Anatolian, his guarding can be a pain at times, but you can't come within 100 metres of my place without him hearing :laugh:

If I'm home alone at night he sits right across the front door!

Edited by Aussie3

Gawd Trina i can understand you being shook up, very scary! Not only the thought of having someone walking around your property but have they got into the house, and what about Bruno. I would have been beside myself!

Glad to hear your neighbour was vigilant. :thumbsup:

And don't worry Bomber is more of a love not a fighter too. He will always bark at people if they come into the front yard but is all over them for pats once they are in the house. One can only hope if people did try to break in that they would initally be scared off by him barking and carrying on and not actually make it into the back yard or house! :laugh:

We are all safe and sound Nic.B. I'm grateful for good neighbours (especially after reading about you awful ones). My neighbour was home sick yesterday, she normally would have been at work. I hate to think what would have happened had she not been home. i would have potentially arrived home with my two young sons to a burglary in progress. None of the other neighbours were home either.

Aussie3 I was only joking in a thread not so long ago, that I should get a recording of your Anatolian barking as Bruno doesn't alert bark!

And maybe I need a feisty ankle-biter Flying Furball? Tonka would have been a better guard dog than Bruno yesterday. :laugh:

Melbomb at least Bomber alert barks initially. I think the young guys were probably in the yard before they realized there was a dog. Luckily for them, he is a big doofus family dog, he seems to think people are always awesome. :o

I will let the other neighbours know to be extra vigilant though. Good idea.

We are all safe and sound Nic.B. I'm grateful for good neighbours (especially after reading about you awful ones). My neighbour was home sick yesterday, she normally would have been at work. I hate to think what would have happened had she not been home. i would have potentially arrived home with my two young sons to a burglary in progress. None of the other neighbours were home either.

Aussie3 I was only joking in a thread not so long ago, that I should get a recording of your Anatolian barking as Bruno doesn't alert bark!

And maybe I need a feisty ankle-biter Flying Furball? Tonka would have been a better guard dog than Bruno yesterday. :laugh:

Melbomb at least Bomber alert barks initially. I think the young guys were probably in the yard before they realized there was a dog. Luckily for them, he is a big doofus family dog, he seems to think people are always awesome. :o

I will let the other neighbours know to be extra vigilant though. Good idea.

Oh yeah! I remember that :laugh: