Before And After

Melz I cannot get enough of Cocoa. She is so gorgeous :) I'm living in the wrong state dammit!

ETA: Wobbly, your girl is beautiful too, definitely under 12 months in the pound picture!

Hehehe aww thanks Aussie!! She wins over everyone she meets - I just love her so much. Big goofball.

You should like her facebook page if you haven't already if you can't get enough ;)

http://www.facebook.com/cocoadadog

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wobbly your girl is so lovely. She looks quite puppy like in the pound shots- I think she would have been under 12 months when you got her for sure!

Thanks Melz, Cocoa is stunning - such a pretty, pretty colour. Just lovely.

Jarrah's age was assessed by various people as so many different ages, from anywhere between 9 and 15 months. I kind of go with 12 months as an average of all the numbers that got bandied around at the time and because it makes it easy to give an approx age now - I just add on a year from the date I got her. XD

But you're right I think, she probably was a little younger than a year old.

Edited by Wobbly

Wobbly your girl is so lovely. She looks quite puppy like in the pound shots- I think she would have been under 12 months when you got her for sure!

Thanks Melz, Cocoa is stunning - such a pretty, pretty colour. Just lovely.

Jarrah's age was assessed by various people as so many different ages, from anywhere between 9 and 15 months. I kind of go with 12 months as an average of all the numbers that got bandied around at the time and because it makes it easy to give an approx age now - I just add on a year from the date I got her. XD

But you're right I think, she probably was a little younger than a year old.

It can be so hard to tell when they're in between adult and really little puppy! I was lucky that Cocoa was chipped so I know her birthdate.

Lucy while still at the puppy farm (at least I think it is Lucy, the dogs had no names but this one looks most like her):

Lucyatpuppyfarm.jpg

Lucy in quarantine once saved by the good people of the Schnauzer Club of Victoria (she is the little one on the bed, too scared to come up to the foster carer):

RescueDogs2110209.jpg

Lucy now, chillin with her brother:

246ba3ff.jpg

And coming from a scratch behind the ear:

006e9948.jpg

Edited by megan_

Our old boy - born 12 June 1997, went to the bridge 25 October 2011

Baby Ollie - 6 weeks old

8167999371_c3855d104b.jpg

Baby Ollie by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

Ollie when he was about 2 years old

8167999283_e63a842288.jpg

Ollie dog by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

The old man at his 10th Birthday

8168027208_5d0e9de1ca.jpg

Ollies 10th birthday by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

I have heaps more of him (he lived until he was 14.5 years old)..

But it is lovely to see how they grow...

My old sbt Ricky (RIP 2011) was nearly all black brindle in her youth but by the time she left this world, just shy of 17 that white hair was everywhere! Even her girly bits! And skin tags were everywhere! Plus lumps and bumps replaced her once taut frame. I love watching them age.

I just found this old photo! I think it would've been winter 2010, about a year before we lost her because she left us just before winter 2011. She wore baby socks because she dragged her feet causing the back toes to bleed, so this was our attempt to address that. She was actually quite happy and lively to the end but was a tough dog and hated having her pic taken when she was in a coat, let alone socks! She'd go outside in winter with a coat on and be embarrassed in case a neighbour saw her, but she needed it to keep her warm. The house is still full of great memories of our old girl!

post-33739-0-48403300-1352417356_thumb.jpg

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

aaawww, look at little Ollie with that huge bowl! Ziggy looks very serious in that second pic.

Zig always looks deadly serious.. There are very few pics of him smiling...

I had someone the other day tell me that he looks 'dangerous'...

Ollie was only about 5 weeks old when we bought him home.. Very sick, full of worms etc.. His mother had decided a week earlier that she didn't want anything to do with the pups anymore.. So they hand fed them for a week and then we heard about it and said we would take one... We met the mother, father and they also had the mothers father dog dog.. Gorgeous dogs but really crappy set up..