Nail Clippers Vs Dremmel

Hi

I am considering gettin a dremmel to do all my dogs nails. I have 5 dogs and as we live on a property and not alot of concrete around they usually get their nails done very 6 weeks when they get wormed. I go through a pair of guillotine clippers about every 6 months they just get blunt. Does anyone have any experience with dremmels do the little disk that spins get blunt or smooth and need replacing. If so would it be longer than the clippers. Granted i only buy the $12 guillotine type clippes as i find them the easiest for me to use but tried a more expensive pair and didnt get any loner use so am weighing up spending the extra money to get a dremmel and if it would be cheaper in the long run. Any brands better than others?

Thanks

Dremmel using sanding belts preferred here too. Make sure you've got enough power in the unit if you have big dogs with tough nails. But watch the nails don't overheat while grinding.

One of mine has nails so hard it is near impossible for me to do them with a clipper, no matter how good the brand of clippers or how sharp they are I haven't got sufficient hand strength.

The dogs don't mind the dremel either, seems more comfortable for them.

I use a cheap knock off of a dremel from Bunnings - an Ozito 1. It was about $40 and came with a heap of accessories and is variable speed.

The only thing I find about dremeling as opposed to clipping is it takes a bit longer but I prefer it anyway as the finish is better and less chance of injuring the dog, especially if they have black nails.

I'm a fan of the grinders as well i use one I bought in Bunnings years ago called a Medallion hobby Engraver, cost me $15 but unfortunately they no longer sell them. The came in a box with a multitude of attachments and sanding discs etc but the Dremel discs also fit them.

I also bought a pair of the "parrot" type nail clippers which are much better and more substantial than the guillotine ones. Sometimes I use the clippers to cut the nail and then finish it off with the grinder.

I use the dremel - I find it easier and less scary (for me and the dog)

Doubt it is much cheaper though. And with 5 dogs be aware it does take longer.

If I had ever had the hang of clippers I would prefer that I think. But I clipped the quick more times than I care to recall, so can't be trusted unfortunately.