Blade Query

Clyde

I urgently need another 30 blade so have no time to purchase from my usual online place.

My local Petbarn stocks andis blades. I have Wahl clippers.

I've just gone through my blades and have a few Andis, but the guy said Andis wont work on Wahl clippers?? He read out all the suitable brands on the packet and Wahl isn't on them.

Does anyone know for sure please?

Guest Arcane

They should all be A5 compatible. If one of your other Andis blades fits on your Wahl clippers then the Andis 30# should. Perhaps see if you can take the Wahl clippers to the pet shop and make sure it fits before you buy, but i think it would be fine.

Yes, thanks so much for your advice. A lovely girl was there who was happy to open it for me to fit it and she even plugged it in for me just to be sure it would work smoothly :thumbsup:

$80 though :eek: That'll teach me for not pulling my finger out and sending mine off to get sharpened - or at least be more organised and buy online.

Andis blades are my favourites. Bit of a no brainer if you have Andis clippers I suppose.

Where do you usually buy yours from Clyde?

Most of mine are Osters as they were my preferred brand of clipper 13 or so years ago. I've had them for so long I can't remember where I bought them. :o I do have quite a few 30's though, Universal brand

http://clipperbladesharpening.webs.com/clipperblades.htm

I am not sure where I got my Andis blades from as I can't remember getting them either. To be honest I don't even notice what brands they all are. I probably should pay attention so I can work out a preference as I am sure some are better than others but I don't really notice so long as they cut well and don't sound funny.

Today is the first time I've bought a blade in quite a few years. I mainly use 30's as I mostly use combs even for short clips - I prefer the finish.

My Wahl clippers have been going strong for years with no issue but next decade around I might look at the Andis ones as quite a few people seem to be favouring them these days. I get sore wrists though and find the Wahl light for this, someone said on here a while back though that the Andis are lighter?

Andis blades are my favourites. Bit of a no brainer if you have Andis clippers I suppose.

Where do you usually buy yours from Clyde?

Most of mine are Osters as they were my preferred brand of clipper 13 or so years ago. I've had them for so long I can't remember where I bought them. :o I do have quite a few 30's though, Universal brand

http://clipperbladesharpening.webs.com/clipperblades.htm

I am not sure where I got my Andis blades from as I can't remember getting them either. To be honest I don't even notice what brands they all are. I probably should pay attention so I can work out a preference as I am sure some are better than others but I don't really notice so long as they cut well and don't sound funny.

Today is the first time I've bought a blade in quite a few years. I mainly use 30's as I mostly use combs even for short clips - I prefer the finish.

My Wahl clippers have been going strong for years with no issue but next decade around I might look at the Andis ones as quite a few people seem to be favouring them these days. I get sore wrists though and find the Wahl light for this, someone said on here a while back though that the Andis are lighter?

Andis are definitely heavier than the Wahl. I would recommend the Geib Buttercut blades not expensive and come highly recommended by Melanie Newman former teacher ADC and master groomer.

You can get a #30 online in Aust for $28.

Thanks for that. I don't need any more now but will grab them when I do!

Andis are definitely heavier than the Wahl.

Also good to know. My wrists, fingers and shoulder have had it so switching from Osters to Wahls years ago I definitely found them kinder to my aging bones.