And Now A Rabbit

It's a strange day. It took three households of neighbours and almost an hour, but we caught a white bunny (with a grey nose). Now what? Kids next door won't accept roast or stewed as an option.

I can drop it (him? her? How do you tell?) to the pound in the morning but will it be ok in a cat cage with a bowl of water until then?

Jodie wanted to help catch it. Stevie tried to give it one of her teddy bears. The cat is just watching...

ETA hey TD you missed so much fun wabbit-hunting!

Edited by Katdogs

Haha good job catching it! Rabbits need to eat all the time, so if you don't have any hay on hand, pick some grass and load up its cage. Otherwise yes, keeping it in a cat cage with water will be fine until tomorrow. :)

It is certainly a quick little critter, and smarter than five adults and two kids!

Thanks, I'll find it some food.

The cat has gone all slinky and sneaky looking, I think I'll shut the door and let Peta/Peter rest for a while.

You have all the fun Katdogs!!

Take a couple of pics before you take bunny to the pound, then PM said pics to Porsche here on DOL and let her know bunny is at Canterbury Pound - she has a relationship with them and will usually take if she has room.

My neighbours found a bunny once - I took it to the pound and let Porsche know it was there... it's living happily ever after in it's new home now... *grin*

As for stray dogs - they tend to come to my door if you don't find them wandering first... lol! Remember the gorgeous Husky that decided to lob on my doorstep at 4am one morning? Not to mention William the Boxer from down the road who would beeline straight for my place if anyone left their gate open...

I think the weirdest stray dog episode I ever had was when I found a Staffy running around on Belmore Rd up near the station - I thought she looked a lot like my cousin's dog, so told the vet that they'd have trouble calling the owner if it was my cousin's dog, then gave them my Aunt's number... and it WAS my cousin's dog... errr! Tells you how often I visit them when I can't immediately recognise their dog for certain...

If you are busy this morning, I can take bunny up to Fairford Rd for you if you want...

T.