Introducing Peaches & Beau

Perfumed Lilium, the thing you need to understand is that this kind of thing happens on DOL ALL THE TIME. People come here to a purebred dog forum, where many of the members are breeders and show people, ask about buying dogs from registered breeders, argue with the advice they are given and then purchase a dog from a BYB. I'm sure many of the posters here are confused because you constantly slag registered breeders (many of which are giving you advice, which you asked for) and then buy a purebred registered dog.

No one is saying that your older dog does not deserve to be a loved pet, please don't get the wrong idea. They are frustrated because people like your Spitz' breeder are only breeding for money. If they were breeding for the betterment of the breed they would be registered (IMO, and it's an opinion very popular on this purebred dog forum). There is no point picking fights (that goes for you, and the people that are sniping at you). What's done is done, yes, but it was a decision that you made after asking for advice and help.

Dig a little deeper and have a read and you will understand WHY the forumers are so passionate about this kind of thing. Myself, I rescued a dog from a BYB/animal hoarder. Her and a large number of other dogs were seized by the RSPCA. She had many, MANY health issues and did not live a long happy life. Her puppies (however many of them) are out there now in lovely pet homes like yours, little ticking time bombs that have a huge chance of going off at any given time. Your dog may not have this problem due to the parents being bred by registered ethical breeders. But MANY do. And it's not fair that the breeders who put in all the work are rewarded by people that decide to breed these dogs just to make a little $.

I could rant forever about it, it's so frustrating to me, but I don't even know why I'm bothering TBH.

I have taken all the posters' advice on board, i.e. health issues in pups from byb situations. The part that most have missed is that there are "little ticking time bombs" in registered pups as well as I have tried to emphasise about my experience with pedigree, registered dogs. I do agree that there are unethical, greedy breeders out there that put anything together for a quick buck....but I also believe that often times it's the luck of the drawer, that's what my life experience has taught me.

Edited to correct spelling, i.e. pedigree as opposed to pedigreed :D. Thank you dogmad, I'm a spelling Nazi myself :laugh:

Edited by Perfumed Lillium

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would housetrain both puppies in the same way - one won't understand why the other can go inside and they can't.

I have a housetraining method which I'll happily email to you if you pm your address to me - puppies do take longer than adult dogs of course.

Get yourself a doggie door and prop it open for the Pom to follow the JS or leave the door open until the Pom's big enough to get out of a doggie door. There'll be lots of accidents for the first few weeks but it pays to start early.

I have a friend who has raised many litters of small rescue dogs, they are all rehomed around 3-4 months of age and all are housetrained by the time they leave her home.

She works on it from day one and has easy access via a doggie door.

And for everyone who doesn't know - it is PEDIGREE - not pedigreed .....

Edited by dogmad