Introducing Peaches & Beau

Guest donatella

So basically some JS breeder has sold her these dogs in good faith and she has gone through and bred them anyway? That's a damn shame and goes against what breeders work towards.

We all know this. It has been done to death in her other threads.

Do we? Can you honestly speak on behalf of everyone or are you the new administrator?

I was speaking on behalf of this quote.

He is still a purebred pup even though his breeder does not have a prefix, she does have full registration papers for his parents as well as his grandparents, a prefix does not maketh him any more of a purebred than he already his. The pom breeder does have a prefix

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically some JS breeder has sold her these dogs in good faith and she has gone through and bred them anyway? That's a damn shame and goes against what breeders work towards.

We all know this. It has been done to death in her other threads.

Actually I think everyone has been amazingly polite on the matter!

dum question but why are you training the spitz to go outside and the pom indoors?

A japanese spitz is a much larger dog than the pom which results in bigger puddles. A litter box or some newspapers can do for the pom, the same doesn't apply to the jap. spitz. I don't want to come home to a swamp, that's basically why I am teaching Beau to do his business outdoors, lol.

I agree with megan PL. There is no reason why, eventually even, the pom can't go outside as well. Why not teach that from the beginning? a consistent approach for both dogs to teach them the rules and boundaries - those being, NO dog pees in the house. it's not as though the Pom is physically incapable of also getting outside, is it?

Other than that, they are very cute. Best of luck with them!

ETA - I don't know anything about poms to answer your questions on the face questions... perhaps your breeder can give you some insight? She's a registered breeder, so she would have given you papers which list her colour, and I'm sure if you send her a photo she'd be able to tell you what type of "face" she has.

Edited by SparkyTansy

Guest donatella

It's disappointing that none of my questions were answered, are there no pomeranian people that are knowledgeable on this breed? I asked as to what colour you would consider Peaches to be.....and whether she has the "teddy bear" face, the "foxy" face or the "doll" face.....no answer except attitude from some posters, thank you.

Its really really really hard to tell at such a young pup as they change quite a bit as they mature but i'd guess she we would doll or foxy. They teddy bear is what you see in the show rings, the nose is very short, its one that is quite easy to spot.

The best way to spot would be to see the parents facial shape.

Guest donatella

P L .. any queries on your Pom's appearance, etc will probably be best suited to THIS THREAD :)

Unfortunately that thread is pretty much a ghost town these days.

Guest donatella

<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">

Unfortunately that thread is pretty much a ghost town these days.

oh :( sorry.

We need to go on a Pom people recruit I think :laugh: hopefully in the 40 something pages she might find answers to her question though x

You do realise that peaches is also a dog, right? pretty sure she could handle a bit of rain.

She is tiny, I don't want her getting soaking wet, I do have a porch but the subject being about housebreaking...as I said, I'd need to be out there with her and to succeed in my quest, she would need to be put outside regularly, I'd be drying her x number of times a day as she runs around like a squirrel and doesn't listen to me in the meantime, I don't want to be outside supervising her for god knows how long each and every time, lol.

Guest donatella

You do realise that peaches is also a dog, right? pretty sure she could handle a bit of rain.

She is tiny, I don't want her getting soaking wet, I do have a porch but the subject being about housebreaking...as I said, I'd need to be out there with her and to succeed in my quest, she would need to be put outside regularly, I'd be drying her x number of times a day as she runs around like a squirrel and doesn't listen to me in the meantime, I don't want to be outside supervising her for god knows how long each and every time, lol.

Mine is not allowed in the rain or wet because the drying and grooming process post this takes freaking hours!

What people don't understand about Poms is that at this age they are often not even 1kg and their bladders are teeny so toileting outside all the time isn't always feasible (around work etc) so sometimes you do need to start on wee pads. Mine still uses wee pads in the laundry when i'm not home or I leave the back door open and no wee pads down when I'm home and she happily adjusted to using both. They are very very intelligent, you will have no problems toilet training whatsoever!

She has told me what type of face Peaches has and the colouring; I googled pomeranian colours and there are differing views on the net; I was just curious to see what response I would get pertaining to aussie breeders :)

then you have your answer and from an Aussie breeder to boot