Textures

tlc

Thanks to Snook, I have discovered textures, there is so much funky cool stuff you can do with your photos with them.

My first attempt, I choose this photo because I always liked the photo but the back ground was a bit washed out and looked ugly.

file-111.jpg

THIS is the site Snook steered me to watch the tutorial on how to do textures in PS and there is also a Tutorial for PE as well. I have been googling free textures and there is so so many out there its amazing!

Can't wait to add more to this thread and see what others come up with.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one from me.

file-119.jpg

I have what is going to seem like the stupidest question in the world, when I save a file from PS how do I get it to save as a jpeg?? It doesn't seem to give me the option, I was sure in the older version when I saved a file it just saved as a jpeg.

I layed the texture over the top of the photo changed from normal to soft light added a mask and then brushed back the little girl, then just went to save as. How do I merge the layers?

Did you merge the layers?

I layed the texture over the top of the photo changed from normal to soft light added a mask and then brushed back the little girl, then just went to save as. How do I merge the layers?

Find the layers menu along the top, drop it down and hit flatten image :)

See now the above is why PS scares me :eek: :laugh:

Beautiful photos everyone and I can see what the 'textures' add :)

Edited by CrazyCresties

I think I have worked it out, although It still bought up a little exclamation mark to say I couldn't do it, but it saved it as a jpeg and a psd. Think I have had enough tonight. :laugh: I'll look at it again tomorrow.

One last one, thought it might have looked ok but looking at it now it looks kind of crappy! :rofl:

file-120.jpg

CC, your funny! :laugh: but seriously it is hard till you know what your doing, once you do it a few times it gets easier. Some of the tutorials are so hard to follow and they go quick but the one I posted inthe first post is so super easy, if i can follow it anyone can. What I did was opened the video and PS at the same time and minimised the windows so I could do it at the same time, I had to pause the video a couple of times to keep up. :laugh:

Joel Olives has some gorgeous textures. Deviant art is a good source of free textures as well. I used to use them years ago but I'm getting funny about using things I haven't made lately so I think I'll work up some on PS. I hope that doesn't come across as bitchy, if I didn't have the time I'd use downloaded ones, but I haven't got an excuse :laugh:

It's just a quirk of mine that started recently, I've used textures and brushes others have made before. I think it's because photography is one of the few things I have left now so I'm doing everything myself. I've even started thinking about making a pinhole camera :o I've also been doing a bit of spinning and one of the appeals is I can go from shearing the animal to something to wear. I suspect it's going to become a disorder :laugh:

I do love those Joel textures, they are exactly the colours and texture I love. If I have lost my texture making mojo I'll probably have to them.