Chihuahua

As a teenager my mutt dog and I tagged along with my neighbour to a dog obedience club. My little bitzer did really well and soon got to class 3 with all the big dogs. There was also a little peke in the class. Lots of rotties, dobes and German shepards doing scent and jumps and then a peke and little bitzer that was somewhere between spaniel and Pom. It was great.

this thread reminds of a Chihuhua story years ago..............

typical Sunday morning training and a big dude on a huge Harley turns up to training, he gets off his bike and saunters over to us, just think about a BIG hairy heavily tattooed biker guy :eek:

and he says.................."You guys train dogs here?" Nobody was going to point out the dozens of dogs being trained on the oval at that moment!!

"of cousre we do" was the answer and we are all thinking to ourselves........."crap....what type of dog is he going to want to bring out to training" :eek:

As much as I hate labelling and pigeon holeing people, this guy must have a bull type of breed!!!

but no..................................

He pulls out from his leather waist coat his tiny 16 week Chihuhua :eek:

And for the next several months, turned up on his Harley, pulled out his little dog from his waist coat and trained him through to class 4/5

No one told him youu can't train a Chihuahua :rofl:

Love it !! LOL

Of course you can train Chihuahuas! Perseverance is key like training any dog!

I have a Chihuahua who I currently take to flyball and sometimes agility. He has a real stubborn streak but when we get past this he is great.

He knows a few cute tricks like spin, high five, wave, sit and drop. But he really responds to agility (a little less so to flyball but I am stubborn too and we will get there eventually).

Find treats or toys your dog responds to helps. Chihuahuas are just like any other dog - If you put in the time and effort training you will see results.

Give it a go. :)