The Fresh Meat Store

Clyde

I was intending on stocking our freezer from him.

Now I get a variety of foods from random stores. Chicken frames for $1 a bag or $7 a box - has about 30 frames. Chicken feet for $1/kg, wings for $2/kg. I get salmon heads with the bones for $3/kg.

Can't find anywhere to get decent kangaroo tail from in western syd tho. I don't mind driving as I'd buy a fair bit at once so does anyone have any ideas?

NotMidol, Do you mind telling me where you get you chicken parts for that price? I am paying much more then that.

Boxer05, Baiada at Girraween (15 mins from Parramatta) has chicken at that price and sometimes cheaper depending on what specials they have:

Sydney

13-15 Amax Ave Girraween NSW 2145

Mon-Fri 5:30am-4pm Sat 5am-1pm

ph: 02 9842 1137

[email protected]

It's well worth the drive even if you're not that close as long as you buy in bulk :-)

At Lenerds Chickens I get frames at around 20 for $5, or more than 20 because they don't actually count how many they chuck in, last time it was closer to 30 for $5.

Red Lea chickens has wings for $2 a kg as well.

Both have stores all over place.

Edited by minimax

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aso, I never thought of Vic's Meats for dog bones. Is that on the side street off Wentworth Avenue? I'm at Maroubra. Do you think one has to buy human meat before they sell meaty bones? The salmon heads sound good as well. I've been purchasing pilchards for $5/kg.

Hi KK Team.

I'm sure they would sell the meaty bones if they have them. I usually give them a call on a Friday for a bit of a heads up. They're very good and will always give you details. While you're there you might as well have a good look at their human specials. I love this place and can't recomend them enough :thumbsup:

Website is: http://www.vicsmeatmarketday.com.au/

10 Merchant Street, Mascot NSW 2020 ● Tel: +61 2 9317 6900 ● Fax: +61 2 9667 3048

Clyde - yes, Inghams at Bargo is great. Turkey and chicken products for both humans and pets. Too far for me to go, but have been there before.

I meant the pet store Critter Bits but will check out Inghams too, thanks for that!

I get my frames from the chicken store in north rocks.

Red Lea in Parra sell feet and wings cheap, but the wings I have to get whilst on sale from Carlingford Courts chicken store. The Salmon I get from Fish Feast, there is a fish feast at Carlingford and one at North Rocks.

I don't think alll Red Lea's have the same price judging by what other hava e said they can get their for.

Inghams is great. They have turkey necks and good price. Worthwhile if you stock up if you don't live local. I have a large upright frost free freezer for my three. Not uncommon for me to get about 60-70kgs worth of stuff at one......lol.

It's great that everyone is sharing bargain places with everyone else.

I don't think alll Red Lea's have the same price judging by what other hava e said they can get their for.

Inghams is great. They have turkey necks and good price. Worthwhile if you stock up if you don't live local. I have a large upright frost free freezer for my three. Not uncommon for me to get about 60-70kgs worth of stuff at one......lol.

It's great that everyone is sharing bargain places with everyone else.

Chicken is easy to get cheaply, as everyone has said. It's the red meat that's the hard one!

I got 10kg of beef offcuts for $40 the other day from the butcher next to Aldi at North Strathfield (sorry, names and me don't mix :laugh: ), most butchers will happily bag up their offcuts for you, and mince them once they get to know you. Just the offcuts can be a bit fatty, but I adjust my guys diet accordingly and reduce the fat in other areas to make up for it (or make OH cut it all off).

I can't get 60kg at once, my freezer isn't that big (plus as much as my Pugs would love it, they don't eat that much), but I easily get 10 or 20 kg at a time in my deep freezer.

Chicken is easy to get cheaply, as everyone has said. It's the red meat that's the hard one!

I got 10kg of beef offcuts for $40 the other day from the butcher next to Aldi at North Strathfield (sorry, names and me don't mix :laugh: ), most butchers will happily bag up their offcuts for you, and mince them once they get to know you. Just the offcuts can be a bit fatty, but I adjust my guys diet accordingly and reduce the fat in other areas to make up for it (or make OH cut it all off).

I can't get 60kg at once, my freezer isn't that big (plus as much as my Pugs would love it, they don't eat that much), but I easily get 10 or 20 kg at a time in my deep freezer.

Goodness me, I just re-read my previous post and the spelling and grammar was shocking :laugh:

Minimax - yes, agree that chicken is easy to get cheaply. I shop around between Red Lea, Lenard's and the butchers. We also have chicken wholesaler nearby.

There is a meat wholesaler I go to to get bones. Not sure if they have offcuts that can be minced. I only get the bones as my Dobes can chomp through them. With 3 Dobes, everything is big in quanitity when purchasing :laugh:

www.pricelesspets.com.au is a great site for pharmaceuticals for the dogs or cats.