Cherry Eye Or Conjunctivitis?

I get home from work about 30 minutes ago to have my youngest brother tell me to have a look at Kirah's left eye. I do and this is what I see:

post-21435-0-98513000-1348997754_thumb.jpg and post-21435-0-61196000-1348997751_thumb.jpg

I won't be off work until Tuesday, however, I'd prefer to know what it is I'm dealing with here. There isn't any discharge coming from her eyes and they seem pretty clear -- this problem doesn't even seem to be phasing her at all either.

Since I live in a house of morons, who couldn't even be bothered to call me at work (I could've told them to take her to the vet today for me), I thought I'd post here to get some opinions and help. Is there anything I can do for Kirah between now and Tuesday?

Ummm I think I would be getting some saline and flush her eye out - making sure there is no Dirt/eyelash/etc.etc.

If you cant get to the Vet or get someone to take her I would be heading off to the chemist to get some

Golden Eye Ointment and using that in the meantime......if things get worse or if she is distressed head straight to the Vet.

I tried my best to flush her eye out; she's not the most cooperative patient as she gets scared. :(

I used a spare sauce bottle I found in our Tupperware cupboard and washed it (the bottle) in boiling water to sterilise. My poor girl! :(

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

:laugh: I edited my post because I see what you mean! :o

I did get the eye ointment too and have administered that for overnight. I'm really hoping this turns out to be nothing. Poor Kirah's been in the wars this past week; first an upset stomach and diarrhoea and now this :cry:

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

I'd run if you came at my eye with a sauce bottle - maybe try an eye dropper instead or one of those saline bottles used for contact lenses (I mean the one a day phials not the spray bottles!)

Kirah's eye cleared up over night but I've been keeping a close watch on it for the past 2 days. All seems to be going well and I appreciate all the helpful suggestions.

Looking back, the sauce bottle probably wasn't ideal, but I couldn't think of another way to flush her eye -- I was worried so brain sort of stopped functioning.

I did use lukewarm water though because I was flushing it at night and it was a cool evening. And I'll definitely head out and buy an eye dropper to have on hand incase I ever need to flush an eye out again!

• 1 month later...