Rip Xin 1998-2012

MalteseLuna

Xin was my parents first dog when we moved to Australia, she was really more my dog until 2005 when I moved out of home (my parents wouldn't let me take her with me). As a pre-teen and teen she was my best friend and confident, she slept on my bed every night and followed me everywhere. She is what fostered my love of dogs.

She passed away last night at the vet after a nearly 4 month struggle with heart and liver cancer, surprising because in July when she was diagnosed the vet told us it would be days. My parents made the difficult decision last night that it was her time to go after she seemed to be very uncomfortable and in pain (despite pain medications). She was emaciated from the cancer but still wagged her tail with her jaunty (but slower) walk to greet people at the door or ask for her dinner (6 times a day :laugh:).

Run free Xinie.

Here is a picture of Xin (the golden one) and Luna (my "own" dog) when I was looking after Xin a few years ago.

Xin leaves behind Nu-Nu my parents Pug who will be very lonely having not been separated from Xin since 1998 when we got them both as puppies. The last few weeks as Xin has been deteriorating they have been spending all day cuddling together, something which in the past they wouldn't have done. Each preferring their own space.

post-23618-0-43160100-1350508663_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone :(

I know she had a lovely life it's just so sad as of the two dogs we didn't think it would be Xin to go first. Nu-Nu the pug has had 2 life-threatening experiences in the last 2 years which she was very lucky to survive (mouldy sandwhich and paralysis tick).