How To Prevent A Dog Attack

mixeduppup

The local news did a report on how to prevent a dog attack. There's been a spate of dog attacks in this area lately, due to dogs running free and being unmonitored. I like how in the video they use a border collie, I think it sends the message home that it can be any breed of dog, even the cute, fluffy ones. I think more councils should team up with the media and do this. It could save a life. Although it could have been a bit more indepth.

Here's the link http://au.prime7.yahoo.com/n4/video/watch/1902513d-f69f-3bd4-896c-861a95f425a0/simple-technique-could-save-your-life/n4_news_video/

Edited by mixeduppup

They should have videoed ALL of the course... it's pretty in depth and informative. Nice to see he didn't use King as the attack dog too - Chilli doesn't look as scary as a well muscled Rotti... *grin*

T.

You might not be aware that King passed away suddenly about a month or so ago :(

Oh no!! King was a great dog in every respect... my heart goes out to Steve for the loss of his mate.

When I did the course a few years ago, as a Rotti lover, I managed to get myself kisses from King... *grin*

T.

He was a magnificent dog, far too young :(

Thanks for that . Definitely something to keep in mind. However, I think there are a lot more steps before those ones that people need to know to AVOID putting themselves in a position where they are at the final stage of being eye balled by a dog that doesn't like them. On that note wouldn't it be a better idea to train people how to interact with strange dogs and to raise their own dogs so that the dogs aren't put in a position where they have to become aggressive and so that dogs aren't raised to be agressive? This kind of tabloid hype is so over inflated, if they were serious about wanting to protect people from dog attack they would have included alot more information of a preventative nature. It is a pity that dog attack stories appeal so much to the general public and so widely. Anyone read "Dogs Bite but Baloons and slippers are more dangerous" by Janis Bradley (2005)? Very interesting analysis of the perceptions of dogs as dangerous, although rather heavy on the stats side of things. Are we allowed to put book names up here?

Edited by bdierikx