Avoiding Corso Zoomies

Kahnazhu

As a long term concern for hip and elbow health, I would be restricting stairs, long walks on lead and slippery surfaces.

the only time you usually get into trouble with zoomies is if there are multiple dogs or a human in the way, but accidents can happen.

good luck with your baby, I have meet a couple of Corso puppies lately and they are great dogs.

Thanks Caesars Mum! She's gorgeous and eager to please. I'm sure she's going to mature in to a wonderful girl as long as we keep a firm hand with her ;)

BTW Your boy in your pic is very handsome!

As a long term concern for hip and elbow health, I would be restricting stairs, long walks on lead and slippery surfaces.

the only time you usually get into trouble with zoomies is if there are multiple dogs or a human in the way, but accidents can happen.

good luck with your baby, I have meet a couple of Corso puppies lately and they are great dogs.

Thanks Caesars Mum! She's gorgeous and eager to please. I'm sure she's going to mature in to a wonderful girl as long as we keep a firm hand with her ;)

BTW Your boy in your pic is very handsome!

thanks we like the nutter. now if you really want dangerous zoomies try a 65+KG 7 year old St Bernard who thinks he is 2, deadly. thankfully now he is 8 and started to slow down after heart surgery we can all relax a bit and not spend our time outside waiting for impact.

yup slippery floors are a no no too but backyard zoomies are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! My Malinois used to run as a 10 week old and the only way she stopped was to run head first into the fences :laugh: 10 years old and going strong, I dont think it affected her too much *twitch*

I let mine do zoomies but if it involves anything bad like bouncing off the fences like those extreme skateboarders who go jumping off stuff without the skate boards (forget the name of that) - I catch her and hold her until she's calm and paying attention and then let her go again.

We like open spaces - the yard can be a bit small, the beach is the best cos she's got somewhere to cool off when she gets too hot from all the running.

If she (and her doggy friends) look like they're going to crash tackle me - I make a lot of noise so they look where they're going. And I keep a good watch out and my knees bent and flexy. It still hurts if they do crash tho.