Beautiful Dog Stories And Photos On Abc

Katdogs

I know I've seen one of the photos on this website, but there are heaps of lovely photos and stories:

https://open.abc.net.au/projects/working-dogs-07kq9eh#/discover

Working Dogs

17 Sep 2012 – 16 Dec 2012

Share a great story about the antics of your working dog.

The working dogs range from stock dogs to guide dogs to full-time companions. I particularly loved the story of Mud Guts, and the regret that dogs can only live 1/6 of our lives.

Edited by Katdogs

That's a beautiful site. Thanks for the heads-up. I loved Boxie, snug and warm in his dad's jacket.

I'll pass it on to relatives who live on 10 acres & have just adopted their first 'working dog'.... to be trained (& much loved).

Here's Gus, who came from RSPCA fostercare and described as handsome, intelligent & with good manners (all dead right!).

post-3304-0-88130400-1351730210_thumb.jpg

Edited by mita

What a lovely boy Gus is :) Good on your relo's for adopting him. Im sure he will more than make it up to them :)

I sent Katdog's link to Gus's new family. They got back right away, with a report. And they're trying to get a new good picture to put his story on that ABC site. He's only been with them since last Sunday.

Gus is a lovely boy, a real gentleman, very clever and loving. He likes to lie upside down on my knee (across my whole body) and have his tummy stroked. So much for a working dog but I say he's working on being loved.

Apparently he got dumped on the side of the road so RSPCA guess he is 13 months. I reckon he maybe only 8 months or so...and he's been in foster care since then. He had cuts all over his head when he was picked up. And although we can see cattle dog, I think he is crossed with either a kelpie or border collie as he is very fast and very clever.

Gus and Barry (p/b chocolate lab) are like best friends, they play all day and night and hopefully Guss's lovely manners will rub off on old piggy Barry.

I took him to meet the cows and sheep & horses and so far it's just on lead so we will keep doing that till I think he is ready for more.

He sits, shakes, waits, and does 'Down'.

Edited by mita