Elderly Neighbours Dog Ate Chocolate

mantis

Great news !! I just wanted to say what a lovely kind neighbour you are. :)

Thanks, but I just did what most people would do, nothing special.

Update on Penny, this morning her temperature & heart rate were both up slightly, so they wanted to keep her on the drip longer. They Vet rang a half hour ago & said that they were back to normal & she can take Penny back home at 4pm.

It is so good that she'll soon be back in her owners loving arms & little Maggie will have her big sister back. :thumbsup:

All the best for a happy reunion and continued good health for Penny.

I'm happy to report that Penny came home half an hour ago & looked like her normal happy self. Apart from the black stains on her face from the charcoal, after a bath she will be fine. She was bouncy & energetic, you wouldn't know that only 24 hours ago, she was really sick. She is a tough little bugger. :rofl:

Reading through that, I suddenly remembered my GP warning me (kindly, knowing I have a dog) that the iron supplements she prescribed for me are toxic for dogs. I'd forgotten that though, even though they're always out of reach.

My pup's never got hold of chocolate, but he did manage a poisonous berry as a pup. He was lethargic and I was worried, but the vet thought it was nothing to worry about, largely due to his size. One benefit of having such a large boy!