Non-registered Breeds

kyliedelonge

The breed is tamaskan, but including my dog there are only two other tams in australia. I just thought i would ask, since someone i know with the same breed in america was able to take their dog to a rare breed show that allowed unregistered breeds to enter.

They seem to have their own international register. Not recognised by FCI or any other registry recognised by the ANKC from what I can see (though it appears they are aiming for recognition).

It is not recognised by either the AKC or the UKC in the US. From what I can see, the breed club there runs its own shows.

What you need to read is the ANKC regs: http://www.ankc.org....ulations-1.aspx Part 6 section 10.2 regarding 'Requirements for the recognition of any breed which is not yet recognised in its Country of Origin or Development'. This provides the steps you will need to take to get the breed recognised here. Basically though, you will need to establish a club for the breed here in Australia, keep records for the breed, and that club and records will need to be in place for 15 years. In that time you will need to run your own shows. If a recognised body such as the FCI recognises the breed before that time is up though you may be able to get it recognised and any imported dogs with FCI registration would then be allowed to compete in ANKC conformation shows and other sporting events. Whether they would recognise dogs already in the country prior to that date is unknown.

Currently you can register them in the ANKC Associate register to compete in sporting events run by the ANKC. One drawback to this is that to be registered in the Associate register they have to have proof of sterilisation (spey/neuter). This would be a drawback if you are working to establish the breed as unfortunately you would not be able to compete in any ANKC events with an entire animal. Something to take up with the ANKC perhaps as it does hamstring breeds that are in those initial stages of establishing themselves.

Edited by espinay2

The "rare breed" shows that happen in the US don't really happen here. For unrecognised breeds that are already here, they have their own clubs and the clubs run these.

The ANKC has a pretty strong monopoly in the breed register and event running. There are not the alternatives that exist in the US.

what an interesting breed, I hope one day you can get Recognition here eventually, ;let me know if I can help at all, have a long history of new breeds and chatting with people, now they do not need a prefix to enter the show world just the Int Peds and the COO acceptance.,

Just on another side line Thank you for doing that little phonetic break down on how to pronounce your breed name it has had me stumped for a while now, so now I will be able to finally say it correctly (I hope) :thumbsup:

Xoloitzcuintle

-show low eats qweent lee-

Edited by zeebie

Just on another side line Thank you for doing that little phonetic break down on how to pronounce your breed name it has had me stumped for a while now, so now I will be able to finally say it correctly (I hope) :thumbsup:

Xoloitzcuintle

thank you Zeebie, its still exciting for me when people go ... thats a X dog or try the name, I am very happy when people know what it is, the saying part just takes practice, we say Show Lo ( Xolo) so far a well known Judge and canberaa lady has the best pronunciation ( its not right and very rude) she even somehow managed to get the Sydney Royal Show people to say it in the loud speaker last year! I had to dubb my video!

Xoloitzcuintle

thank you Zeebie, its still exciting for me when people go ... thats a X dog or try the name, I am very happy when people know what it is, the saying part just takes practice, we say Show Lo ( Xolo) so far a well known Judge and canberaa lady has the best pronunciation ( its not right and very rude) she even somehow managed to get the Sydney Royal Show people to say it in the loud speaker last year! I had to dubb my video!

:rofl:

Xoloitzcuintle

I saw a photo on Facebook of a coated Xolo the other night.....lovely looking dogs, the lot of them! :)

Xoloitzcuintle

I saw a photo on Facebook of a coated Xolo the other night.....lovely looking dogs, the lot of them! :)

yes they arfe Ellz and they can be shown very soon in full comp, so that will be six extra dogs in Group 7

Standard Hairless

Standard Coated

Intermediate Hairless

Int Coated

Miniature Hairless

Mini Coated

We dont fit in the ring now being an X god help us when five more in! ;lolol

Xoloitzcuintle

And because of this lady I have this name stuck in my head. I just hope if I am ever Stewarding and I have to call them I get it right and don't accidentally use the rude version! LOL