Don't Blame The Dog - Missed Out :-(((

GSDowner

A neighbour told me about this programme.

I went to the ABC website but the two previous episodes are no longer available.

I would really like to see the episode about lost dog's home.

There are short trailers on youtube;

can't get it on BBC website either.

I would be grateful for help.

I checked the ABC website GS and it may have expired. The only ones available (that I can see) are Acting Dogs and Sled Racing http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/abc2

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/28287

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/28006

ETA..maybe this is it--> http://fullepisode.info/dont-blame-the-dog-season-1-episode-2-lost-dogs-home-australia/

Edited by Boronia

Guest Labradork

I missed them all too. I want to see the one with the black Pug. My Dad said it's really funny.

ETA

It sounds like I'm thinking of another show. The one I'm thinking of is like a boot camp for the dog's owners. It was on ABC2.

Edited by Labradork

Somebody I know got them off the bbc site. They might be available there.

I thought it odd - in an earlier episode - they had a bloke with amstaff / big bully looking dogs - and he was back yard breeding and letting his dogs walk down the high street (local shops) off lead scaring the crap out of people with kids in prams... cos he's a good dog and wouldn't bite anyone - and yet one of his previous dogs - had been killed in a car accident and his "good dog" did run out into the traffic too - just lucky he wasn't hit. And how would the parent of the kid in pram - know if his dog was a good dog or not?

Anyway that bloke got send to lost dogs home in melbourne to pick up crap and train pound dogs so they would have a better chance of finding a home. And he had no idea that's where a number of his puppies would end up. And the Lost Dogs manager also showed him the morgue full of bags of car accident dogs. Cos they get those too. Made the tuff guy cry. He had his dog on lead after that. And he hadn't been breeding since either. Was a whole lot more thoughtful about where those puppies were - because he couldn't imagine abandoning his dogs so he had no idea other people did regularily.

And then the sled dog loser - was letting his boofy dog walk off lead. And nobody said anything. WTF.

I think they are finished now, there were six eps and I think the sled dogs was the last. Also the only one still on iView for a couple more days.

ETA - oh and it was just this week that the last (?) one aired so you haven't really missed it!

Edited by Simply Grand

I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of the sled dogs one, it upset me too much the way the dogs were kept. -20 degree weather and they only had those three sided wooden boxes with a bit of straw in them for shelter. I would have understood if they were thick coated dogs like the traditional huskies, but they were mostly cross-breeds and the majority with very thin coats. Poor dogs must absolutely freeze at night in their huts.

@ash1

I did find it a bit shocking too (and the first ep with the cat). But the dogs actually overheat and die if they're run when it's warm too like over 40'F which is only just above freezing (32'F). So they do seem to be warm enough. I don't know if they keep them like that in winter. I would think not - because the snow falls would cover the kennels and suffocate them.

I also feel a bit uncomfortable when I visit my cousins farms and see all their dogs on long chains next to dirt floored kennels with dog poop everywhere, even though they get off for a run twice a day and any time something needs rounding up.

But my cousins think dog runs are more cruel. They have those only for when bitches are in heat or whelping.

It is interesting to see all the different attitudes to keeping dogs and training them. But in all the episodes I never saw a dog being clobberd for misbehaving. Or even yelled at. Some of the bad dog owners got yelled at, but not the dogs. Ie don't blame the dog.

I found it an interesting series.

The first trainers in Canada i liked.

South African one i didn't.

Hollywood one was cringeable.

Sled dogs, not sure about, the dogs seemed very scared of the handlers, they backed away when food was given to them, and would only gobble it up when he moved away, he also tried to pat one once and it looked very uncomfortable with its tail between its legs.

However the dogs were clearly doing something they loved, and perhaps never normally got affection.