Pretty Girl Looking For A Home

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that some of the local rescue organisations (Canberra region) can please assist in getting this girl adopted out. She is currently in kennels, and while she is safe there until she finds a home, she would do much better in foster care, and she is unlikely to find a home unless she can get advertised.

I am unable to foster her full time due to Bosco not being so friendly with other dogs in his home, and while I am working full time, I just don't have the time to get him adapted to another adult dog. If she can get into a foster home, I am more than happy to temp care for her for a short period. She has spent one night at my house before she went into kennels, and she is a lovely girl, a bit shy to start with, but once she comes out of her shell, she is like a bouncy puppy. She appears to be OK with other dogs, as she play bowed with Bosco (he was in a crate) and wanted to play with him, but he would not have a bar of it. No clue what she is like with small animals or children, but even though she is quite boistrous, she is very gentle.

She would need basic obedience training, as she has none, but I am happy to start this as I will be going to visit her/ walk her at least once a week while she is in the kennels, so can get that started. It would also be wonderful if someone would be able to temp test her? While I don't think she would have any issues passing, it would be good to be able to have that under her belt too.

So far as we can tell, she is 2-3 years old, and has been pretty much bred to death. She is not desexed as yet, but that is being looked into as we speak, and she will definitely be done before she is permanantly rehomed.

Basically, what I am asking is, if any of the local rescue groups would be willing to add her to their available dogs and advertise her on their websites etc. and best case scenario, if someone has the space to fit her in, that would be even better.

She is a lovely girl, who really deserves a chance, so if anyone can help, or even offer suggestions, that would be wonderful.

Oh, and her name is Chelsea :)

Cheers, Em

post-5896-0-61307300-1353370706_thumb.jpg

post-5896-0-18856500-1353370726_thumb.jpg

Edited by lokelani

Contact Burkes or Raelene on here & find out about getting a poster out on the rescue e-mail network which circulates far & wide throughout the local area. The poster network is very effective & I have had a lot of success helping to rehome pets through the system as well as finding some great companions for contacts! The e-mails go out to representatives in just about every Government department in Canberra, as well as the unis, hospitals, & private enterprises, so your posters will be posted everywhere! You need to limit the poster to A4 size for best results &....... a really good photo is mandatory!

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that some of the local rescue organisations (Canberra region) can please assist in getting this girl adopted out. She is currently in kennels, and while she is safe there until she finds a home, she would do much better in foster care, and she is unlikely to find a home unless she can get advertised.

I am unable to foster her full time due to Bosco not being so friendly with other dogs in his home, and while I am working full time, I just don't have the time to get him adapted to another adult dog. If she can get into a foster home, I am more than happy to temp care for her for a short period. She has spent one night at my house before she went into kennels, and she is a lovely girl, a bit shy to start with, but once she comes out of her shell, she is like a bouncy puppy. She appears to be OK with other dogs, as she play bowed with Bosco (he was in a crate) and wanted to play with him, but he would not have a bar of it. No clue what she is like with small animals or children, but even though she is quite boistrous, she is very gentle.

She would need basic obedience training, as she has none, but I am happy to start this as I will be going to visit her/ walk her at least once a week while she is in the kennels, so can get that started. It would also be wonderful if someone would be able to temp test her? While I don't think she would have any issues passing, it would be good to be able to have that under her belt too.

So far as we can tell, she is 2-3 years old, and has been pretty much bred to death. She is not desexed as yet, but that is being looked into as we speak, and she will definitely be done before she is permanantly rehomed.

Basically, what I am asking is, if any of the local rescue groups would be willing to add her to their available dogs and advertise her on their websites etc. and best case scenario, if someone has the space to fit her in, that would be even better.

She is a lovely girl, who really deserves a chance, so if anyone can help, or even offer suggestions, that would be wonderful.

Oh, and her name is Chelsea :)

Cheers, Em

Hi Em,

You can flick me an email at [email protected] with her details and we can chat about poster and other options.

Cheers

Dallas