Bitch Humping?

SLF

I wont be shy,

my maiden bitch was mated 18 days ago, and in the last 2-3 days has started humping all the other dogs. male, female, older or younger she isnt fussy. She really holds on and wont let go.

She is usually a dominant girl, the top of the pack, but I have NEVER seen her mount other dogs. She is not at all agressive, actually apart from this behaviou is quiet placid atm.

Im hoping its hormonal and either goes away or if she is in pup Im happy to live with it.

Im sure someone here will have some experience and hopfully fill me in :) thanks

Humping is not always about dominance/ sexual behaviour or anything like that. It can sometimes be anxiety or unsure of how to interact. Your bitch is going through a lot of changes at the moment and hormones are going wild - some that she is not sure what to do with it :)..

My girls all hump other dogs in the weeks after they've been mated, not sure why, but they seem to all do it...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one that will do it only to males, at any point in her cycle....it was quite funny last time she was fat with pups to watch her try to get around the young juvenile male who stood there with the 'deer caught in the headlights' look on his face! :)