Heidi - Affectionate 2 Year Old Cat Desperately Needs New Home/rescue

Hi everyone,

Heidi was rehomed very early this year but her owner no longer wants to keep her because she gets blocked anal glands and occasionally scoots her bum on the floor - simple solution yes I know - but not prepared to continue as she is a clean freak (her words). She has a few other minor health issues but nothing serious at this stage.

She is a lovely cat regardless and actually came from a hoarder seizure by the RSPCA so she deserves a decent home.

Of course if any rescue has the room much appreciated but otherwise I am hoping she can find a special home of her own asap.

If you know anyone who might know of some options for her please contact Rachael on 0431 586 314.

Thanks,

Andrea

post-6431-0-18987900-1354601176_thumb.jpg

post-6431-0-88707800-1354601181_thumb.jpg

post-6431-0-10501200-1354601188_thumb.jpg

Edited by Just Andrea

Heidi is a very loving and companionable 2 year old cat. She loves to follow you around the house and has no problem with other cats. She is an indoor cat and uses the litter tray well. She has a healthy appetite, and is not fussy with food and loves to play, with her favourite toy being her green mouse.

For such a little cat she has a huge purr. If you're looking for a companion who likes to sit on your lap and purr away contentedly, then Heidi is the one for you.

While Heidi has some minor health issues requiring the occasional vet trip, her affectionate and endearing nature more than makes up for any slight ailments she has.

Heidi is vaccinated, wormed, microchipped, and desexed.

• 5 months later...

This cat is now dire:

If anyone can help, please contact me asap - I am doing all I can to try and find a carer but we have had the worst run of ringworm in nearly all the kittens we have taken in since January and calcivirus in others so every single carer available has been tied up for months for each group/litter we get - treating and then finally rehoming them slowly and trying to get through the backlog of kittens we still have in temp care because of this.........let alone any cats.

"Hi Andrea

Well, it looks like we've come to the end of the road for poor little Heidi. She's been up on the website for about six months now and no-one has even visited her.

Could you remove her from the website at the end of May? Once that is done I'll have to get the vet to put her down."

She really is a lovely cat - and apart from getting blocked anal glands and some previous history with gingivitis is really a perfect cat...........not needy or clingy but is affectionate...........

She has had enquiries but none have eventuated and its really hard for an adult cat with some health issues to compete with cute kittens at the best of times, let alone over kitten season.

She is fully vetworked as expected - she is currently on our website for donation only but that is redundant for us, we just don't want to make her free to good home and attract people wanting her for the wrong reasons. All we want is for her to find the home she deserves.

If you can help, please contact me asap - 0401 347 058.

Thanking you,

Andrea.

Edited by Just Andrea

Guest Wildthing

Have found a home, either temporary or permanent, for Heidi. Will PM you Andrea with more information and to see how the situation needs to be handled.

Have found a home, either temporary or permanent, for Heidi. Will PM you Andrea with more information and to see how the situation needs to be handled.

Fingers are crossed for this lovely girl! Great news Wildthing!

Guest Wildthing

Not sure Andrea is happy with what I have found, so please keep trying everyone.

That is not entirely true and makes me sound ungrateful - which I am far from it.

The initial info you provided me gave me the impression she was going to be living in a cat run permanently which for a cat used to being inside most of its adult life and around people, would likely not suit But you have since clarified it would be inside/outside setup and sounds like a good solution. Thank you.

However, I won't nor should anyone else consider this sorted until I have a chance to speak to both owner and Wildthing's contact to ensure its all cemented.

I never count my chickens prematurely........

Thanks again........... will followup when I can over the weekend.

Hope it all works out well Andrea and she finds a nice home close to where you are. If all else fails she is welcome to come to me, on what I'll tell my husband is a short term arrangement but would most likely end up being a foster failure arrangement :rofl: No shortage of 'special needs' animals around here and I have vet nursing experience so I'm no wuss over minor medical issues if you need a spot for her.

Guest Wildthing

That is not entirely true and makes me sound ungrateful - which I am far from it.

The initial info you provided me gave me the impression she was going to be living in a cat run permanently which for a cat used to being inside most of its adult life and around people, would likely not suit But you have since clarified it would be inside/outside setup and sounds like a good solution. Thank you.

However, I won't nor should anyone else consider this sorted until I have a chance to speak to both owner and Wildthing's contact to ensure its all cemented.

I never count my chickens prematurely........

Thanks again........... will followup when I can over the weekend.

It is a pity you did not check your facts if you thought she was going to be living in nothing more than an outside enclosed cat run. I would not have made the offer if that was the case. I have been in rescue far too long to offer an inappropriate home, or offer a home without checking with the person offering the home. I do not consider it sorted either.

ETA correct grammatical errors

Edited by Wildthing

Have put the two people together. They are having a meetup this week sometime. Fingers crossed it goes well.

If it looks like going ahead, Heidi will go to her new owner in mid June when she will be having a few weeks off and will use the time to help her settle in and adjust to her resident cats and dog.

Her current owner is happy to wait till then if it all goes to plan.

Cross everything you have.

Thanks again Brenda for your help with this.