Christmas Getup

Ok, so I approach this with trepidation...however as the season is upon us, does anyone know of anywhere in Melbourne that sells Christmas getup for dogs? Everywhere I have googled has been online...

I remember getting Turtle some reindeer antlers in the Kimberley - but they were for humans...as his head was bigger than mine, bless.

Any of the $2 shops sell antlers and doggy hats then I just wrap some tinsel around their neck and your good to go :) The coat Maddie was wearing last year I found at the op-shop for something ridiculous like 50 cents. Check out TLC's Christmas photo thread in the photo section for ideas :thumbsup:

post-38965-0-91758900-1354613254_thumb.jpg

I got a shirt the other day with a Christmas tree on it and under it, it says it's all about me. It was only $10 at pet stock. I'll put it on the girlies when we do our hospital visits.

I got my antler ears and hat and scarf at the reject shop. The Santa hats I use are just people ones.

Mt Eliza Pets has a huge range of doggy Christmas stuff this year. I just bought my shiba some antlers and a 'bib' with fluff and bells on it. I'm sure they'd have other costume type stuff but if not they have so much other Christmas stock!

Yeah there's heaps of stuff out there...but...never in large sizes. Us owners of larger dogs also like to humiliate our dogs by dressing them for xmas. But unless one can sew (and I can't) we have to resort to just hanging tinsel off them. I hate those antler things you put on their heads and the hats...most dogs HATE stuff put on their heads and just shake it off straight away.

Last year for our hospital visits we fashioned a little outfit for the dogs out of a kids xmas apron, they looked super and one of the dogs is a rotti x and he is huge. I'll see if I can find a photo.

In the mean time, this is the shirt I got my girls to wear for their hospital visits this year. Super cute!

file-2282.jpg

No stoning here. I own four and love them to bits!! Mine are cocker x poo. Ralph looks like a character!

He's a truly gorgeous boy total goofball thinks he's a lap dog but he's a lovely soft soul. the kids can do anything with him. There's one of your x's at training lovely lil guy also a goofball :)

Samisam I love Ralphs outfit.

Oh boy I wish I could sew...my dogs are probably glad I can't

:)

thank you! they make me laugh (the outfits and yeah ok the dogs too).

super easy to make if you can sew a straight line you could make them. I told Diva it was only fair I dress her up as a dorky elf because I have to pick up her poo.

No stoning here. I own four and love them to bits!! Mine are cocker x poo. Ralph looks like a character!

He's a truly gorgeous boy total goofball thinks he's a lap dog but he's a lovely soft soul. the kids can do anything with him. There's one of your x's at training lovely lil guy also a goofball :)

You have pretty much summed up my 4 with that comment. Our house is a constant source of entertainment! :laugh: