We Had A Close Call Today

staffydave

I used to have a pet galah many years ago, was looking after a friends dobe .

one day I heard the dobe yelping and ran outside to the weirdest sight.

Sita was running around the house yelping. at the end of her tail was this grey and pink blurr with wings outspread ??????????

Nope wsnt chasing the dog, as first seemed. Beak was holding the end of her tail.

neither would explain what had happened when I finally caught Sita doing her third lap around the place full steam trying to get away from charlie.

Had to make charlie let go of her tail though.

Then charlie huffed off. Sita never went anywhere near charlie again anyway, even if I never discovered the details leading to that day.

Did find the cage on its side door open, so suppose can make guesses :rofl:

A few years ago now when we had our 1st lorikeet, he was in his inside cage near the laundry. One of my boys hadn't closed the door properly so he let himself out & walked through the house to our bedroom & climbed onto sleeping OH's chest & woke him up by saying "hello".

:rofl: Birds have so much character, I never realised.

you have no idea what you are missing :rofl:

I have two cockateils button and birdie, no way i can have my cup of tea without birdi enjoying some too.

when my daugher had braces, both found them irrisistable, just had to try and peel them off her teeth the second they realised she and SOMETHING on her teeth.

POOR KID had to keep her lips firmly closed if either were loose or they would make a beeline for her.

one afternoon i didnt realise she was in the loungeroom asleep. i let them out.. minutes later I heard muffled screams from my daughter.

she darent close her mouth as stupid birdi had her head in there trying to pull the braces off??????

nope she didnt stop trying even with my daughters screaming to me for help the noise in her little featherd ears in there must have been pretty deafening surely?

:mad

They may be little, may be fragile (as in could have had her head bitten off) but determined....not even mission impossible was going to deter this feathered superhero from saving my daughters teeth from the metal invader.

bet your bippi on that one

Edited by asal

i had the world's oldest budgie out of the aviary and had left him sunning in a smaller cage in the car port. next to him was a larger cage with two tamed lorikeets, also getting a bit of sun. the wind knocked the budgie cage over and woody got expelled from it. so he just flew over and crawled into the lorrikeets cage and was sitting between them when i next came outside! he was clearly getting too old for adventures.

today my cat loving friend came to take me to physio. my mum was also here faffing around and managed to let my naughty sbt out the front door and off the verandah. she then took off like greased lightening. having only one good hand, an old woman and a dog disliker at my disposal i figured i'd just have to wait and pick my girl up at the pound later today. but my wonderful friend got in her 4wd, drove round the corner, called to my girl and she turned, ran back down the street and launched her chubby self into the air right into the drivers seat on top of my friend. it was a miracle! she's a bit bored given we haven't been able to do walkies and play tug.

We have a VERY birdy vizsla, who can spend hours a day stalking, pointing and chasing birds but has never managed to catch one.

Until the day a spring baby magpie fell out of its very high nest.

We tried to keep dog and bird away from each other but finally left it up to fate as we could not supervise the backyard forever. Imagine my surprise when I came home to find vizsla and baby bird chilling and having a snooze together. Apparently they had been inseparable all day!! I am thinking its a baby thing and he knew somehow that it wasn't fair game as he still stalks and chases birds all day!!