Gsd Information

emmav

Considering how polar opposite working lines are to pure pet lines why would you mix the two? Doesn't create a happy medium on average.

Exactly. My female is a classic example - solid working line on dams side and then sire is a mish mash of show/working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DOL People

Sorry for the delay in replying its been five years since I've seen the family so had a fair bit of catching up to do. Thank you very much to every one that has responded to me. I am pretty certain that either Gipfel or Beychief are the ones for me although the fax shepherd are pretty sexy. I've found Rantino in the DOL breeders section but I can't upload it - does anyone know If the lady is still breeding ? Or should I try calling her? In reply to the white shepherd suggestion I think they are beautiful and I saw an awesome dog at the park only yesterday - he had such a fantastic shepherd bark as well I went over for some white shep loving - his owner was pretty stoked that I asked to pat him as most people are frightened by him, so the scary "Alsations will eat you" stereotype is still alive and well over here. But as I said to him people don't know what they're missing out on but ho hum. In response to the Schutzhund question as far as I'm aware it's not compulsory as it is in Germany, although certainly some of the breeders in the UK do believe that it would benefit the breed greatly, although you could say the same proportion of people in oz would say the same thing. So it seems that I will be sending an email to either Beychief or Gipfel - another question I have is - is it acceptable to show Interest or potentially go on two waiting lists or do I need to pick one and stick to it? Either way is no problems I'm just unsure of the etiquette? And finally in response to tarope ( sorry for all the broken up answers - I'm still typing off my rubbish iPhone - I had hoped for an iPad off the folks but no such joy:( ). I would have another pound puppy in a heart beat, but the thing I worry about with the gsd and taking on a rescue is that you normally have no idea if the history behind them. It broke my heart when my Nan's dog riker had to be Pts and he was 12 - they can be a heartbreaking breed but I would prefer the peace of mind of having had as many checks as possible especially hips and elbows (my heart goes out to you Bianca. A ) that is a real kick in the guts after having done all the right things. So apologies for the long winded replies but if anyone has more suggestions please feel free to add and merry belated Xmas to everyone and have a happy new year :) Em and shady xx