Dogs Qld Directors Have Been Chosen

BC4ME

Just received an email from Dogs Qld with the results from the directors elections..... check your emails everyone.

Congrats to those who have been elected.

Can you list the names please?

Top 12 are...In order of the percentage of the votes cast, the Directors elected are as follows;-

1. Sandra Mundt

2. Ulla Greenwood

3. David Weil

4. Ainslie Carius

5. Norma Zimmerle

6. Lionel Blumel

7. Barbara Murfet

8. Shaneen Bendixen

9. Shane Thomas

10. Carolyn Pearen

11. Helen Acworth

12. Robyn Nicholson

Problem is that with all of the election papers sent out they only got 32% back. If people didn't vote, they can't get upset with who got in. And yes I realise the people above said they voted, but by the looks of it, they're the minority.

Problem is that with all of the election papers sent out they only got 32% back. If people didn't vote, they can't get upset with who got in. And yes I realise the people above said they voted, but by the looks of it, they're the minority.

I agree it is pretty poor that such a small amount where returned. It would be interesting to know why so many people didn't vote.

I only voted for 2 of these individuals...... it is quite scary to think of what some of those elected will possibly do......

Well everyone had the opportunity to have a say and only a small percentage of the membership bothered which is a shame. The board that was elected, were validly elected through the process in our constitution as passed by the members at the SGM, and there is no option but to work with those who were elected.

I wouldn't say I'm exactly scared but I do really hope that these directors place a lot of emphasis of engaging with members and involving them in the issues and decisions of the organisation and approaching them for their thoughts and ideas rather than being reactive and just saying they're available to talk to. This will require a culture shift as many of the new directors were previous councillors, however, it's not impossible for that to happen.

34% of the membership gave ALL the members the directors they deserve.

As I said in the beginning Jed this election would not be about those that voted, but about those that did not vote.

And you were right. :D Shame more didn't bother. First time ever, and so few bothered