Lump On Rump

post-47883-0-08212600-1356315343_thumb.jpgA couple of days ago, while brushing my mini schnauzer cross poodle, I came accross this lump on his rump. It wasn't there 5 days before, when I groomed him last. Well not that I noticed anyway, and I'm sure I would have, but I'm not 100% certain.

Does it look familiar to anyone? Given the time of year, I haven't rushed him to the vet. It causes him no discomfort even when I gently squeezed it to see if any liquid came out. It hasn't changed size either.

I will however take him to our vet later this week. But if anyone has any idea to what it could be or looks like, that would be great.

Thanks.

Edited by Bobishisname

How old is your dog? Could be a few things but some of mine have age warts. Previously I've had dogs with "Lympomas", harmless fatty lumps but every lump should be checked out by the vet. Even harmless lumps can turn cancerous at some point.

Thanks. He is only 3. I was thinking it looked like a wart too. Will def take him to vet, but just wanting to wait until after boxing day, as it's not affecting him at all.

If it is a wart do you just leave it? Or do they get removed?

Please get a vet to look at that and ask for a fine needle aspirate..

It looks the same as the MCT that was on my dogs foot.. MCT can vary in appearance from wart like to pea like lumps under the skin..

Hopefully it is something easy to remedy..

Thank you everyone. Will def take him to the vet after christmas festivities or sooner if it changes.

He doesn't lick or chew at it, it doesn't hurt him if I press on it. It's just a lump on his butt :confused: He is still his usual self.

I only noticed it last Wednesday while I was brushing him. I shaved him down Saturday afternoon as he was due for a cut and to keep a close eye on it.

I should have also probably added the vet about a month ago diagnosed him with Atopic Dermititis. And he was on plan of 5mg of Pred over 5 days weeks then I weaned him of them over a period of 2 weeks, as his itchiness had subsided.I also have started Apple Cider Vinegar in his drinking water to help out. Do you think it could be related to this?

I will dab it with the Benadine now and see if it changes it.

Do I dare google what a MCT is? :(

dont stress

My dog has lots of lumps like that and they are nothing, one she has had since she was about 2.

Enjoy christmas and remember you cant change things, wait and see what the vets say

I know, fingers crossed it's nothing. He just likes to make be worry ;)

I wonder though, MCT being caused by too much histamine, if it is a MCT would it have something to do with atopic issues???

Oh Teebs I wish i saw your post before I googled :( Now I am a little worried. But hopefully it's nothing.

Warts are usually just that - a wart.

But if I ever see one in a pic on here, I encourage the owners to seek a fine needle aspirate to make sure.

Like teebs said, don't panic just go to the vet and get it checked after the Christmas festivities..

Well I have put on some benadyne, so will see how it looks in the morning.

I'm trying not to worry. But what worries me is how sudden it has come on. I'm 99% sure it wasn't there 2 weeks ago, and almost certain not last week. We live in QLD and it's been very humid here, so his coat has been kept short over the last couple of months and I'm sure I would have seen it or felt it he is brush at least twice a week and cuddle almost every hour :)

I'm sure it's nothing, I'd just hate for him to get sick :(

Don't stress yet as it can be harmless. Our GSD had similar looking lump come up on rump. It turned out to be one of those cysts that are harmless that fill with fluid. But it kept on filling up with fluid even though it would be drained. In the end we had it removed but it was harmless. Just annoying, we had it removed once it kept filling and bursting.