52 Weeks For Dogs 2013

Panto

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck in the ring Clay! I'm sure he will do great, I think he's a stunner.

tlc - :love: Cooper, that shot is amazing, so he is a good boy when he gets all the attention but is rebel when he has to compete for attention with the others :laugh: I am just a bit jelly of your gear as well, I think I have finally had enough of my crappy setup, I'm hoping for 5D MK3 with 24-70 F2.8, it'll have to just be the one lens for now or I might need to start living on the street :o

JackC and Koda welcome! He is adorable!!!! Love his markings. Can't wait to see pics of him whilst he grows - thanks for sharing :)

So jealous JackC, I had actually been seriously looking into Aussie puppies the past few weeks, but decided finally that our life right now was more suited to an adult dog. We had been looking to get a black tri boy (with a bob tail) too! Koda is beyond adorable :D

I only have some phone pictures at the moment, will definitely start posting once I get some better shots!

Good luck in the ring Clay! I'm sure he will do great, I think he's a stunner.

tlc - :love: Cooper, that shot is amazing, so he is a good boy when he gets all the attention but is rebel when he has to compete for attention with the others :laugh: I am just a bit jelly of your gear as well, I think I have finally had enough of my crappy setup, I'm hoping for 5D MK3 with 24-70 F2.8, it'll have to just be the one lens for now or I might need to start living on the street :o

JackC and Koda welcome! He is adorable!!!! Love his markings. Can't wait to see pics of him whilst he grows - thanks for sharing :)

So jealous JackC, I had actually been seriously looking into Aussie puppies the past few weeks, but decided finally that our life right now was more suited to an adult dog. We had been looking to get a black tri boy (with a bob tail) too! Koda is beyond adorable :D

I only have some phone pictures at the moment, will definitely start posting once I get some better shots!

Thanks guys, he does have some very nice markings, I like the colour change on him, its very clean, he should have some nice presence when he is older, can't wait to get him home, 3 more days to go

Koda is a "half" tail Aussie, I really wanted a full tail boy but happy with his tail, it should be a good length

The count down is on!

What is a half tail? Obviously a half tail but what causes it? Is it a fault within the breed or acceptable standard?

Gertrude, why not consider what I did I had the option of 5D mk iii body only or 6D and 24-70 f/4 as they were the same price round about. The 24-70 f/4 didn't arrive so they offered me the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, I can't compare it with the canon as alive never used the canon version but the sigma is awesome, fabulous on the 6D.

The low light capabilities on the 6D are amazing very comparable to the 5Dmkiii. Just thought I'd mention it, very worth considering. You would get all that under $4000 if you go the combo you mentioned above your looking at around $6000 unless you go grey it will be a lot cheaper. I went Aussie stock for mine, I was a bit wary going grey for such big ticket items, I'm sure it would have been fine but I'm a bit of a worrier!

Another plus side is you could get some extra lenses. The 85mm is amazing, I had a good play with it today, it's awesome! If you have Facebook have a look at the few pics I put on HERE tonight, all taken with the 6D and 85mm.

Tlc the aussies tail is actually one of the few breeds where it can naturally be either docked, full or half, a full tail is signified by having a white tip. A half does not have the tip colour and docked is well not there or extremely small :)

There is no reason why an aussie may have either of the above, it is just random at birth, much like their eye and coat colours.

Have a look at kodas thread on the here and you will see some of the litter and the huge variety of colours from the same genetics :D

The US banned unnaturally docking an aussies tail a while back so more and more half and full tails are being seen at shows now, although docked is still the "preferred" show tail.

I forgot to get the camera out last night until it was already dark, so these dark, grainy pictures will have to do!

This is Butch (yeah, I know). Roughly 2 years old, he's been with us for two weeks. He behaves beautifully indoors but is still a bit hyper on the leash. First picture is him hiding around the corner and going 'ball?', and the second one is of him going 'ball!' :laugh:

post-49294-0-03994300-1369808260_thumb.jpg

post-49294-0-73167400-1369808266_thumb.jpg

What is a half tail? Obviously a half tail but what causes it? Is it a fault within the breed or acceptable standard?

If you're interested, this is a good page for some more in depth detail about the different combinations that result in different lengths of the aussie tail. Scroll down for a diagram!

Edited by corie

The count down is on!

Gertrude, why not consider what I did I had the option of 5D mk iii body only or 6D and 24-70 f/4 as they were the same price round about. The 24-70 f/4 didn't arrive so they offered me the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, I can't compare it with the canon as alive never used the canon version but the sigma is awesome, fabulous on the 6D.

The low light capabilities on the 6D are amazing very comparable to the 5Dmkiii. Just thought I'd mention it, very worth considering. You would get all that under $4000 if you go the combo you mentioned above your looking at around $6000 unless you go grey it will be a lot cheaper. I went Aussie stock for mine, I was a bit wary going grey for such big ticket items, I'm sure it would have been fine but I'm a bit of a worrier!

Another plus side is you could get some extra lenses. The 85mm is amazing, I had a good play with it today, it's awesome! If you have Facebook have a look at the few pics I put on HERE tonight, all taken with the 6D and 85mm.

Thanks tlc.

What I really like about the 5D mkiii is the 61pt focus whereas the 6D is 11pt. I did look at the sigma lens as well, I think I am just too fussy :o I really like the canon.

I have bargained JB down to $5300 for the kit I want, Aussie stock. I won't buy grey import for something this expensive, just not worth the risk IMO, I'm a worrier too.

I think my hesitation is spending that much and only having one lens... but at the same time I've had my heart set on this for a while now and if I get something else I think I will feel dissapointed. I wish I knew people with the gear so I could try it out, would be so much easier than just trying to pick off the specs, internet reviews and in store. Maybe I should hire a few things and see what I like best.

Gertrude, I can tell you now if you get that combo all Canon you WILL NOT be disappointed!! Sounds like a good price too. Is the 24-70 the f/2.8 or f/4?

Corie thanks for the link and Butch looks adorable!

Edited by tlc

Gertrude, I can tell you now if you get that combo all Canon you WILL NOT be disappointed!! Sounds like a good price too. Is the 24-70 the f/2.8 or f/4?

f/2.8, I really want a 2.8 :)

Edited by Gertrude139

I'm convinced he's not 100% cattle dog, he's definitely got the colouring and the stockiness but his floppy ears and slightly longer snout makes me think otherwise.

I should've gotten shots of him yesterday sleeping in the backyard, he kept moving a couple steps down the path every hour as he tried to stay in front of the shadows :D

f/2.8, I really want a 2.8 :)

If you can get the mk iii with f/2.8 for $5300 Aussie stock thats a bargain. Make sure it's Aussie stock as I know JB deal in Grey now.

Weibritty Clay just keeps getting more beautiful. His friend looks a bit like a nun wearing a headdress with his big ears.

Corie I just love his eyes in the second photo, caught the light beautifully.

Cooper is so unique looking, beautiful eyes. Although I'm noticing Miss Tully more now, she sometimes makes me think shes having a little giggle on the side.

I'm late from last week so putting up 2.

9f571c86-d480-445c-a96a-019c313868e2_zps13ebdc0c.jpg

Playing with the light effects

IMG_4523_zps58b48cdc.jpg

Jake doing his best attempt at posing

Love Jake striking a pose!

I think your right about Tully although she is a little quiet this week as she had a tooth out on Monday.

Typical Tully having a laugh on the side. :laugh:

file_zps578021b9.jpg

Sad Tully. :(

untitled1of1-5_zpsf058c088.jpg

Sorry for going off topic!

I'm picking up Koda in 27 hours so will have allot of pics to choose from for week 23 :laugh:

can't wait.

Much excitement! :laugh: Look forward to photos!