Pound Rounds

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are asking for a lot of public money then you have an obligation to answer basic questions.

I dont think you do have to answer them publicly - would the RSPCA answer questions such as this on a face book page or a public forum - and would the RSPCA allow their ability to fundraise be affected by negative comments on a face book page if they could prevent it? However, they should have somewhere documented and policies written up etc to ensure they are trasparent but as for answering critics publicly its a mugs game and no real work would ever get done.

Im not sure what you mean by them not being a business - to all intents and purposes they appear to be operating as a non profit business to me.

The thread went from 23 to 22, back to 23, and now my posts have been re-instated lol Ams saw the post count different, took them a minute to update the post counter in the back end, then when screenshots were mentioned they magically reappeared.

The thread went from 23 to 22, back to 23, and now my posts have been re-instated lol Ams saw the post count different, took them a minute to update the post counter in the back end, then when screenshots were mentioned they magically reappeared.

Are you going to answer any of the questions that people have asked you?

Are you going to answer any of the questions that people have asked you?

I got distracted proving people wrong, ask me something if you want to, but I am not PR, I'm just not one of the haters that wants pound dogs to die.

Your posts were never deleted, the reason the post count appeared different is that there is a time lag. How much simpler can it be explained to you :confused: You were wrong, that post was there all the time, there is no conspiracy and if the mods wanted to delete your posts do you really think they'd get scared and put them back up. They leave them deleted!

They may not have to legally answer but how does it appear when you delete comments and ban people for very basic questions? We'll see how this all pans out and what they supply as required under their terms and condition of their license. I'm not going to go into it here though.

I guess to the person asking it appears to be rotten but you surely have to understand that as a non profit org they have an obligation to protect their brand and they cant allow such things to stay there.

If you are asking for a lot of public money then you have an obligation to answer basic questions.

I dont think you do have to answer them publicly - would the RSPCA answer questions such as this on a face book page or a public forum - and would the RSPCA allow their ability to fundraise be affected by negative comments on a face book page if they could prevent it? However, they should have somewhere documented and policies written up etc to ensure they are trasparent but as for answering critics publicly its a mugs game and no real work would ever get done.

Im not sure what you mean by them not being a business - to all intents and purposes they appear to be operating as a non profit business to me.

PR have chosen to do their PR through social media, it is not inappropriate to demand explanations from them through social media.

PR have chosen to do their PR through social media, it is not inappropriate to demand explanations from them through social media.

Do you know for sure that's the only way they promote? it's quite possible they have people out talking to trainers & rescues networking, facebook as for most businesses can just be a quick way to share or memo followers/supporters.

PR have chosen to do their PR via facebook so have millions of other buinesses but few would allow negative comments to remain which could affect their ability to fundraise.

I dont want to be in a situation where Im defending PR Im simply saying that is an acceptable explanation for me and I understand their position.

I'm just not one of the haters that wants pound dogs to die.

I haven't come across anyone here who wants the pound dogs to die.

Well a few people have mentioned they wont be happy until PR goes under, but no one is prepared to take on the role of getting dogs off death row, therefore if PR ceases to run, all those dogs will be back on death row.

I know someone on facebook even said that pound dogs were just mutts and not real dogs anyway, sadly I don't think they'd be the only person in the world to have that opinion.

I can copy my questions but most were this "what plans do you have in place for dogs with behavioural problems, are you a rescue, what happens if someone adopts a dog and it is unsuitable, what happens if someone donates money to a particular dog but isn't used for that dog". The basics really.

If they have any insight they will do a FAQ list and then when anyone requires answers they can direct them there but I understand in a small org getting started why they don't have the time to play too much with answering individual questions publicly and why they would choose to ignore those they feel are vexatious.

PR have chosen to do their PR via facebook so have millions of other buinesses but few would allow negative comments to remain which could affect their ability to fundraise.

I dont want to be in a situation where Im defending PR Im simply saying that is an acceptable explanation for me and I understand their position.

The true followers ignore the negative pages, I know of people that have gone for a meet and greet to their facilities and when asked if they saw the pages they said "yeah but I wasn't going to make up my mind before actually seeing for myself", if people want the truth they will find out 1st hand, not through 2nd or 3rd hand parties.

I can copy my questions but most were this "what plans do you have in place for dogs with behavioural problems, are you a rescue, what happens if someone adopts a dog and it is unsuitable, what happens if someone donates money to a particular dog but isn't used for that dog". The basics really.

If they have any insight they will do a FAQ list and then when anyone requires answers they can direct them there but I understand in a small org getting started why they don't have the time to play too much with answering individual questions publicly and why they would choose to ignore those they feel are vexatious.

A FAQ is never a bad idea, if they get the time with all the dramas they get hammered with (rspca & council visits due to disgruntled ex-tenants).

Think of it from your perspective, how much work would you get done if the phone rang off the hook and all you wanted to do was make some progress?

Worst part is the staff at PR aren't suffering, the dogs are.

I'm just not one of the haters that wants pound dogs to die.

I haven't come across anyone here who wants the pound dogs to die.

Well a few people have mentioned they wont be happy until PR goes under, but no one is prepared to take on the role of getting dogs off death row, therefore if PR ceases to run, all those dogs will be back on death row.

I know someone on facebook even said that pound dogs were just mutts and not real dogs anyway, sadly I don't think they'd be the only person in the world to have that opinion.

There are people out there who have those views and that is sad to me. Do not mistake us for people who want pound dogs to die, we don't. I want PR to have some transparency and take accountability for the questions they have been asked.

PR is not the first group of people to help pound dogs and if you think they are then you are severely mistaken.

Edited by spotty.spot.spot

The true followers ignore the negative pages, I know of people that have gone for a meet and greet to their facilities and when asked if they saw the pages they said "yeah but I wasn't going to make up my mind before actually seeing for myself", if people want the truth they will find out 1st hand, not through 2nd or 3rd hand parties.

So if anyone asks they are able to visit the facilities?