Pound Rounds

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is a repeat as I haven't read all of tha last few pages. But if they are soliciting donations and not appearing to use those funds for the purpose claimed, can they be reported to the ACCC?

If they hold a 16D yet the regulatory body for that (is that the DPI?) can't act under their legislation, maybe the ACCC can - or at least advise on what to do? They do look at scams and false charities I think.

MN pulled her usual and threatened legal action so she avoided the questions asked yesterday where she couldn't ban anyone. Don't think she is too happy about having to supply her accounts and other details and it shows she is reading this thread.

That is the first course of action she takes RJ, has done for ages. Does not matter who she is dealing with it is always the same.

I have not had a letter or PM threatening legal action yet, would not matter anyway as I have a great Barrister and Animal Law Lawyer and she knows it.

Has any rescue ever taken a PR dog and received the intended funds donated for that particular dog?

I have taken dogs they have taken credit for but not received funds. When I've pointed out the "error" they delete the comments. Now they just delete the photos of the dogs I take and any comments I make regarding their fund raising on other pei x types.

Has any rescue ever taken a PR dog and received the intended funds donated for that particular dog?

I have taken dogs they have taken credit for but not received funds. When I've pointed out the "error" they delete the comments. Now they just delete the photos of the dogs I take and any comments I make regarding their fund raising on other pei x types.

Ams did you take Ebony with entropian, the Pei X? I wondered what happened to her??

Ams did you take Ebony with entropian, the Pei X? I wondered what happened to her??

No. Working dog x pei is a recipe for disaster. I've not had one I've been able to rehome yet so now I'd rather use the money to save either pure or crosses I know work better as a breed combination. eta I have worked with other rescues to help with these crosses but I won't take them into my rescue.

Edited by Ams

There are some groups out there that are receiving funds from PR...

T.

So if their accounts were audited, it would show that funds raised for a particular dog went to that rescue?

In short no. Or in this case no. All money can go into one account and is very difficult to audit. Director fees/board member regos etc (even if they are crap)can all also go into the same account. The funds are difficult to audit for that reason and she could string the OLGR along for years.

What happens most often is that the OLGR or an independant chartered accountant will have to 'estimate' between donated funds and the rest. This does not give a good indication of funds donated.

Not sure now as they are registered as a tax decuctable org?

Sad but true, she has every loop hole down pat.

She is becoming undone now though after a long time.

There are some groups out there that are receiving funds from PR...

T.

So if their accounts were audited, it would show that funds raised for a particular dog went to that rescue?

In short no. Or in this case no. All money can go into one account and is very difficult to audit. Director fees/board member regos etc (even if they are crap)can all also go into the same account. The funds are difficult to audit for that reason and she could string the OLGR along for years.

What happens most often is that the OLGR or an independant chartered accountant will have to 'estimate' between donated funds and the rest. This does not give a good indication of funds donated.

Not sure now as they are registered as a tax decuctable org?

Sad but true, she has every loop hole down pat.

She is becoming undone now though after a long time.

Actually if the accounts are audited, they must show the largest expenses (eg, $150,000 went to external rescue orgs for dogs and $120,000 was paid to directors/board members as follows - they must disclose directors/board member fees paid).

I used to be the internal accountant at a NFP and did the accounts and report for the auditor and annual report for our members.

As they have the DGR, and those donations are tax deductible to the public, that they must disclose a lot more than we had to as ours was not DGR, so we only had to disclose to our members. The level of disclosure is quite extensive.

Maybe have a look at a report like RSPCA's annual reports to get an idea on the level of disclosure required (or another unincorporated organisation that has DGR and tax exemption status)..

If they are not using the funds correctly, she can lose her tax exemption status as well as her DGR status.

The ABR site has the details of her registrations.

She shut me down when I questioned her about her status and when the reports would be available. Said they weren't due until this financial year as her DGR and tax exemptions were not registered until August 2012.

I asked why her FB page and incorporation was much earlier (April 2011 from memory)..

She has been asking for donations for at least as long as the FB page has been going..

I do not understand why people wanting to adopt are not going directly to the pound, or, wanting to foster go & find a local rescue to support. PR state that are broker/facilitator & not the rescue thus removing themselves from responsibility.

I have seen people donate up to $200...this is so wrong but they continue doing it in their droves!

Now with the Sanctuary Tails Animal Rescue set up they just remove them from the pound to more kennels.

I know of one dog that, apart from a small stint in a home in Vic, has been kenelled since about May/June. Nothing mentioned re history just up for sale.

If anyone asks questions on either page that do not relate to "saving" from the "KILL" list they are banned & threatened.

Why oh why are so many people conned from their money.

Oh! & now she is to become a lawyer. Give me strength!

Being a DGR, they now have to have a gift fund that all fundraising/donations must go into. This is to make it easier to audit. Money can, however, be moved from that into any other account but all money coming through from the public will be going into there at least.