Pound Rounds

If "that" FB page wasn't run by PR groupies they would be the first to jump on this as an example of a dodgy rescue who suddenly isn't a rescue and is promoting a dog and taking money for its care but not using the money for its care.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is why people donate money to the organisation when the dog is still in the pound, often months on end? I would not give them money as there is no update on where the money goes. Here, money goes directly to the rescue group who has the dog.

Or am I just reading too much into it and to everyone else it's as clear as mud?

I was confused by that. One person said directly she donated $100 to have the dog kennelled but it's still in the pound. :confused:

I don't understand it either :confused: Does Blacktown kennel dogs, I thought there was a PTS list because the pound is full at times. Wouldn't she have been on a PTS list long ago? If she is being kennelled by PR there how can she be in danger of being PTS if they own her?

What I don't understand is why people donate money to the organisation when the dog is still in the pound, often months on end? I would not give them money as there is no update on where the money goes. Here, money goes directly to the rescue group who has the dog.

Or am I just reading too much into it and to everyone else it's as clear as mud?

I was confused by that. One person said directly she donated $100 to have the dog kennelled but it's still in the pound. :confused:

I don't understand it either :confused: Does Blacktown kennel dogs, I thought there was a PTS list because the pound is full at times. Wouldn't she have been on a PTS list long ago? If she is being kennelled by PR there how can she be in danger of being PTS if they own her?

Don't know about that but where did the release to rescue only come from? If it's the dog I'm looking at, it says for immediate sale?

Don't know about that but where did the release to rescue only come from? If it's the dog I'm looking at, it says for immediate sale?

PR's FB page they have been saying she's for rescue only

Just a question...if the dog is listed on the 'available' page on the pound website and is being offered for sale, does this mean it is off the 'PTS list'?

I don't think so. I think it means it's passed the mandatory holding period and is now available for sale. I don't know when dogs can be pts in NSW after that period but I suppose it could be anytime?

Ta.

The reason I was asking because it's confusing whether the dog is due to be PTS or whether it's in a holding cell waiting to be purchased. I was wondering if they (PR) were listing any dog on the website regardless of the dog's status.

ETA: I note that on the urgent dog rescues on here, the same dog as listed on PR facebook page - number PC25 is also listed as on the PTS list...so I guess the dog is at risk.

However, it still doesn't show on PR where the money goes - if money is given and the dog is not rescued, then where does it go? Shouldn't the money collected for that dog, go to that dog? Or, do they get around this issue by saying: they need a rescue (i.e. a kennel) to take the dog out of the pound?

Edited by poochmad

They seem to be implying she is on the PTS list. I think they use tactics like a politician, they try not to say anything that can be used against them in the future.

"Baby girl Vennas time is up, she needs a home this weekend without fail. Blacktown is filling up again and sadly that means a doggie that has been in the pound since almost the middle of last year .... is in dire need of help! Please do all you can to save baby Venna - she does not deserve to be killed just because she so continually looked over - she has a we pudgy face and a lovely little mini amstaff sized body - she's beautiful"

They probably don't want to take one that is def. dog aggro themselves, they'd rather recruit another rescue group to take the responsibility which is why they aren't replying to the offer of foster care.

So BAHF should pts the poor dog! It's no place for any dog to live for months on end!

I've been reading this thread (not all of it) because I stumbles upon DOL forums beware fb page. I've had a bit of a run in with Mel Norman myself there. I am curious to know, is Pound Rounds a registered charity? Sorry I don't know how it works with rescues.

BTW, the woman is totally delusional. She called me an industry and basically blamed me and every other breeder for creating the problem of dogs being in the pound.