Pound Rounds

I think you can report it! PR pays people to do it.

I was also getting ads from a Labradoodle Breeder, disgusting.

I just wondered if anyone clever and technical can help legitimate rescue to pop up - it might be something I could help sponsor (not being clever or technical).

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is a paid ad on Facebook? PR ads keep coming up on my screen.

Pretty sure they're $600.

Are they ads or sponsored stories?

There is no set price, you can spend as much as you want. So you put money into your FB ad bucket, and each "view" takes money from your bucket, so once your money bucket is empty, the ads stop appearing.

You can put $10 in there, or hundreds, or thousands.

How much is a paid ad on Facebook? PR ads keep coming up on my screen.

Pretty sure they're $600.

Are they ads or sponsored stories?

There is no set price, you can spend as much as you want. So you put money into your FB ad bucket, and each "view" takes money from your bucket, so once your money bucket is empty, the ads stop appearing.

You can put $10 in there, or hundreds, or thousands.

You can also get pay-per-click ads. I got some ad credit when I got my site hosting so went with that option.

I just blocked the PR ads and selected "Misleading" as the reason. The ad had some garbage about "dog jail" and having to look at it was making me want to slap someone.

I would have thought you would be too busy with all of the wonderful things you do for poundies and rescues to organise a break-in and poisoning of someone else's dogs shmoo...

Beggars belief that they think that anyone at the top of their list could actually ever entertain the thought of harming ANY dog to "prove a point"... although there are some on the list who HAVE advocated some pretty scary things be perpetrated upon others and their charges. We had to call the police about at least one of the people on that list when they were advocating some pretty radical actions on their own facebook pages against us.

T.

• 1 year later...

I'm a realist and not every dog is worth the effort, time and money to rescue.

With respect, I find that a really awful and insulting comment.

+1 :( I was involved in rescue but I wasnt suited to it emotionally and youd definately consider me unrealistic. As far as Im concerned every dog is worthy of effort time and money but unfortunately not all are suitable

So a dog that is exhibiting severe aggression towards children or people in general is worth it? I love dogs but realise that some dogs cannot be helped. They are worth your love and compassion of course but not worth the money and time and resources better spent on a more rescue worthy prospect.

no dog that displays active agression towards children should ever be rehomed into the community