Litters Due March 2013

Monteba

Really sorry to hear that Monteba RIP little one :rainbowbridge: .

We share out our leave amongst ourselves so that someone is off work for the full 8 weeks. I am a teacher so it is easier for me to stick with my normal holidays and Tailwag takes the rest of the time off. Our last litter was perfect as they were born in Dec- she was able to take the first 2 weeks then I was off the next 5-6 weeks anyway :) This time they will be about 4 weeks old when I am off, she will catch up on stuff at work those 2 weeks, then stay home again for the following 2.

Tailwag sleeps beside the litter until their eyes are open (as I am working so need the better sleep) and someone is always home with them for the first few weeks. After that if we go out it is only for short periods initially, obviously as they get older we can go out for longer periods of time.

We take the time off work as there is just so much that can be done with them at that time, and so much initial training that can be put into them. They are little sponges at that age and it would be a shame to waste it at work :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Babies here. 1 black girl, 1 fawn boy and 2 black boys. We also had a 5th pup a little black girl who had a cleft palate and died soon after birth.

I think we had the shortest labour ever. 5 pups ...... 54 minutes beginning to end. :thumbsup: