Behaviourists In Wagga- Canberra Area

mixeduppup

It's a 48 number, would they come this far?

She is out at Braidwood and comes to Canberra for classes - I am not sure but you could ask her.

I know she does a lot of working dog trials with her dogs and travels a bit for those - maybe you could organise a session in line with a trial date.

http://www.geraldinesanimaltraining.com.au/

She's in the Belconnen area in Canberra. I haven't used her for behavioral stuff, although I keep planning to ask her for some advice for Riley, but she did both Saxon and Riley's puppy classes and was great. You could tell she really knew her stuff and ran the classes really well in a way that actually taught the owners stuff about behaviour and training, definitely not just a free for all play group!

She does group and individual classes.

I have a dog who's terrified of people and I wish these people were around when I needed help. The woman we used from Canberra was useless.

Good luck - I hope that someone can help you; living with a fearful dog can be quite stressful. Luckily for me, mine is not a fear biter, but they do have special needs. All I can say, is make sure that whomever you get doesn't try for a 'quick fix' as that can do huge damage to your dog psychologically.

Over the course of two years we have modified our behaviour based on research here and reading books (Living with a Fearful Dog - which you can have if you wish) and Jindi (the female) is greatly approved, going from bolting upstairs and staying away from visitors, to now coming downstairs quite quickly and being in the same room with people; quite an achievement. I'd be more than happy to chat with you what we've done...and the results if you wish.

As an ex-Canberran, I've also heard Heike is good. Was almost going to use her, but then shifted interstate.

I heard similar comments about Bark Busters in Canberra, think it keeps changing managers / owners (believe they are franchsied). I used Dogtech - once with Sean - and wasn't at all happy about him (seemed like he needed behavioural training), was by someone I trusted that I went to the wrong Dogtech person (Sean is the owner) and to go to Dave based at Queanbeyan. Did this and he made things worse. It was a terrible situation, I wasn't around. Puppy was getting aggro with the babysitter due to anxiety, stress, protecting her home, etc. He charged at her with a brief case to see how aggressive she could get. The babysitter said it was beyond distressing and could see it was making Puppy even worse. Tears all around. So wouldn't recommend Dogtech!

From what I've heard (but no experience) Heike is the only person to see if you are in the Canberra area.