The Instigator! Do You Have One?

mixeduppup

Yep, Addy is the intigator here. She will start barking, the pup will run out onto the lawn to see what the threat is (he is turning into a good watch dog) and the littles inside start thier crazy I'm-going-to-kill-you barking, which goes straight through my head and I cant stand it inside. Outside, no worries, not inside, I need to teach inside voices. Usually Addy will not even bother getting off her bed, she does it at least once a night, just because she can.

Not so much instigators as antagonisers here. Harley is very vocal during play, and his play bark is a very piercing stop-it-or-I'm-going-to-stab-someone kind of a bark. We have had limited success in curbing it, but he gets so focussed on play with the others that it's difficult to redirect his attention. Because he's also been belted around before, he won't bark when he's close to a person, so it's even harder to catch him while he's doing it. The other day, I watched the dogs playing in the yard, then watched Thundercleese as he deliberately got Harley all riled up, and just teased the hell out of him with the toy. He'd put it down, turn and start walking away, but not let Harley close enough to get it. He kept doing this until Harley lost it and started barking, which would usually be the point when I would come out and reprimand Harley. What a turd! Classic "little brother" behaviour!

Jodie is the initial barker if something is wrong, but she's also the fun police if the others bark to initiate play :( Bossy kelpie.

My dogs only barked when they had something to bark out. Kaos talks but its only low and she will shut up if i tell her to (but like SL.. i kinda like it :laugh: )

but Atlas was the fun police. It didnt matter who was having fun, Kaos, the cats, the kids.. he would come and stand in between everyone until we all stopped mucking around then sigh and go and hop in to bed. :laugh: OH and i were wrestling one day and Atlas just crawled in between us and separated us and went to sleep!