Jack And Cooper

snake catcher

Here ^^ is a short video of my two dogs Jack and Cooper.

A few months ago Jack got hit my a car and had to have his hind leg amputated, it was very sad but as the video shows, he dosnt miss it at all now.

I was amazed at how fast he recovered, so glad we didnt decide to put him down even though our pound pup has become the $5000 dog.

This video was taken 1 month after the accident and I must thank Shane Simpson of Karingal veterinary hospital (KVH) for his compassion, and skill.

Anyway, thought you guys would appreciate this.

That is great to see may give hope to those having to decide the same option.Amazing how the 3 legged cope.Lucky boy you decided and were able to give him the chance to play again with Cooper who also looks gorgeous.

Jack looks so much like one of mine well the side view think Jack's head is broader.Same hyper antics as Jack!!

Jacks head comes from the American staffy.

His big chest and body shape comes from the Rhodesian ridgeback and his colour is pure kelpie.

All his siblings were brown or dunn with a ridge on their backs and jack was the only black one.

so he got to go home with us.

7 years later and we sometimes call him tripod and stumpy but we love him to death,

even though he is probably the most stupid dog Ive ever had.

But stupid babies need the most love, according to The Simpsons

A couple of years ago, Cooper was given up to a pound because the owner could not breed from him.

He has a dodgy leg which in inherited so they gave him to the pound.

Thankfully he came into our life just after our old dog Sheena, an English bull terrier, passed on and is a very smart American bulldog..

He squats to piss and rolls on his back when a JRT snaps at him, but we still love the big pussy

Wow I loved that and put a big smile on my face :) Jack may have lost a leg but not his smiling face and zest for life :thumbsup: You would never know it had been one short month since the accident unless you said so.

Lovely, thanks for sharing :)