Athletes Foot Powder Spray For Hot Spots

baileyb

Hi all

Just doing a bit more research into hot spots today and I read a couple of people have suggested the powder spray.

Has anyone else used this on hot spots and if so, what were the results?

Thanks

After not having any hot spots on my dogs for quite a few years, My boy got one on his head in between his wrinkles.

We have used Athletes foot powder on hot spots for many many years for the Bulldogs and Bullmastiffs and I always have it in my doggy medical box.

So out it came and was applied. granted it wasnt bad but with two days of applying the powder it had virtually disappeared.

It is zinc powder, one of the best ever treatments for wet exzema is zinc.

Incidentally after we had the big wet the other week (and even though I had been drying the dogs feet after every time they went outside) and I was doing my weekly check of my dogs feet my boy had very red, yeasty wetness between his toes and under his pads. Straight away the powder was brought out and applied for a couple of days. He wasnt sore, or lame or anything but it didnt matter, they had to be dried up and the zinc powder worked a treat.

Wet exzema loves moist humid conditions. It thrives in it.

110% recommend it

Antibiotics or corticosteroid cream would be prescribed by a vet.

A natural antibiotic that would not irritate the condition further like most antibacterial or fungals would to regularly apply colloidal silver 2-3 times a day. It makes a really good salve when mixed with aloe vera use min 99% aloe and don't let the dog lick it as aloe is toxic for dogs to ingest.

Edited by bingo

Yes Listerene works, it dries out the area and kills the bacteria, Athletes Foot powder works the same way, as does Curash Powder...Hot spots need to be kept dry and if used quickly these remedies are very effective. Betedine scrub with a dash of meths was a favourite that worked very quickly too. I have used all of these with great success and no need to shave the area and further irritate it.

Hi all

Just doing a bit more research into hot spots today and I read a couple of people have suggested the powder spray.

Thanks

Curash powder does well, similar thing, very fine drying powder, last thing needed is anything moist

1359882442[/url]' post='6111606']
1359799749[/url]' post='6110533']

Hi all

Thanks

After not having any hot spots on my dogs for quite a few years, My boy got one on his head in between his wrinkles.

We have used Athletes foot powder on hot spots for many many years for the Bulldogs and Bullmastiffs and I always have it in my doggy medical box.

So out it came and was applied. granted it wasnt bad but with two days of applying the powder it had virtually disappeared.

It is zinc powder, one of the best ever treatments for wet exzema is zinc.

Incidentally after we had the big wet the other week (and even though I had been drying the dogs feet after every time they went outside) and I was doing my weekly check of my dogs feet my boy had very red, yeasty wetness between his toes and under his pads. Straight away the powder was brought out and applied for a couple of days. He wasnt sore, or lame or anything but it didnt matter, they had to be dried up and the zinc powder worked a treat.

Wet exzema loves moist humid conditions. It thrives in it.

110% recommend it

Thanks so much for this. Just one question? Any worry if the dog licks the Athletes Foot Powder Spray? And what brand of Powder Spray did you use which worked so well? TIA.

Edited by westiemum

1360528310[/url]' post='6119123']

Yes Listerene works, it dries out the area and kills the bacteria, Athletes Foot powder works the same way, as does Curash Powder...Hot spots need to be kept dry and if used quickly these remedies are very effective. Betedine scrub with a dash of meths was a favourite that worked very quickly too. I have used all of these with great success and no need to shave the area and further irritate it.

Crisovar I went at lunch to look at Listerine - and there are millions of different types! Which Listerine and Athletes Foot Powder Spray type did you use please? smile.gif

• 9 years later...

Canesten Tinaderm spray. (Can be purchased at Coles) or at chemist. Cleared up the nasty hotspot on my chihuahua. It also relieves the burning, itching and pain. 

Edited by Diandra
Left out information