Bed Cover

kayla1

I used a bonofido stay dry basket for Atlas - it was waterproof so nothing went through to the floor and each morning i would chuck the bedding (i took the mat out and just used old blankets) in the wash and hose/clean the bed. Saved a lot of mess

I use wee-proof cot mattress covers on all our dog beds, following an episode of serious incontinence suffered by one of our elderly dogs. These are cotton covered, have absorbent padding and are lined with a completely waterproof lining. They were a sanity saver for me as I had found even the waterproof bonofido mattress covers would leak through the zip and also tended to absorb a little urine odour, which was very hard to get rid of. The cot mattress covers largely prevent spillage, wash out well and dry quickly. A spray of preen on the urine and/or napisan in the wash is also a good idea.

I use wee-proof cot mattress covers on all our dog beds, following an episode of serious incontinence suffered by one of our elderly dogs. These are cotton covered, have absorbent padding and are lined with a completely waterproof lining. They were a sanity saver for me as I had found even the waterproof bonofido mattress covers would leak through the zip and also tended to absorb a little urine odour, which was very hard to get rid of. The cot mattress covers largely prevent spillage, wash out well and dry quickly. A spray of preen on the urine and/or napisan in the wash is also a good idea.

I used the same thing for my old, incontinent Lab who I didn't have the heart to ban from the sofa after spending his life getting on and off it as he pleased. Readily available at all department stores (e.g. Target, Big W, K-Mart, etc.), inexpensive enough to have a few (i.e. on on the bed, one in the wash and one on the line). Worked a treat and machine washable. :thumbsup: