A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got my hands on a clam shell for Nixon, and he loves it! Just in time for our mid 30s heat wave today...

He had a lovely time splashing around and digging in the water. He was also doing brilliant zoomies that included pig leaps in and out of the pool - was hilarious! Just have to be extra vigilant to make sure he doesn't sneak inside when he's wet...

994023_10151910822852889_566613128_n.jpg

1378035_10151910830967889_1170131009_n.jpg

I've been so slack, I know! We picked her up on Sunday night after taking Gus to the beach (he found a huge dead fish and proceeded to have his way with it while we weren't looking) after spending the day at the Lort Smith after discovering young mister had a delightful discharge coming from his nether regions. Fabulous. The vet was most patient and asked if he'd slowed down, been more lethargic or off his food. I had to laugh, who doesn't love the old retriever pain tolerance? I feel like his leg could fall off and he wouldn't let on. Anyway, all is fine. He has antibiotics for 10 days and then they want to have another look, but the vet suspects the inner willy might not be fitting in the willy cover, so if that's the case he might have to undergo a sort of canine circumcision, and I'd be getting him desexed at the same time if that's the case. Two operations in 6 months or so would be too much.

And then on Monday I started a fab new job! Left the other half with the kids at home. Haha. He's coping well so far, Rosie is settling in like a charm, is good with the cats (they don't run, clever cats!) and had no accidents inside, though this morning I did ask her to go out in the rain for a wee and she got as far as the edge of the deck and oh what a look of disdain I got! Hahaha she's a really funny young lady.

I have Brooke emailing me a few photos as I speak.

Hope Sumo is feeling better! It's so stressful when they're off!

Ps I went home at lunch, and Nixon's paws were dry, but cool, so I think he'd been in the pool earlier. He also had all his favourite toys (including the hose trigger fitting he destroyed last week) clustered around the pool, and he'd been chewing on the edge of it... typical. How do you explain to a pup that they'll have no more pool to play in if they chew it to bits?!!

Does sound like a dramatic time!!! Congrats on the new job!

You now know we're eagerly waiting for pics, so I'll stop nagging you :)

You have to laugh about these things, plus seeing my lovely boyfriends face when the vet was prodding and swabbing Gus's goods was priceless. He went white. A subliminal threat to behave perhaps. Haha.

Koolie, Whippet and JR. I don't see much JR but apparently that featured highly in her brother's DNA test, which I know are often a crock but I'd be interested to see it anyway.

She doesn't strike me as much Koolie other than her colouring, but I don't know much about Koolies. She's only 11kg so maybe that's the JR influence? Haha.