9 Week Old Humping

andrewang

Stella will hump Sonny during a game on his side. Only for a second or 2. It's just excitment I think. She also does it by herself, after I have played tug or something with her. She is a very happy girl & gets so excited that I reckon it is a natural outlet for her, nothing more. She never does it to any other dogs & never people. Both my guys are netured.

It truely doesn't bother me & if it bothers Sonny I am sure he will let her know :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Gawd, I'd have to do an extensive study to understand the complexities of my three humping each other, humping inanimate objects, humping the cat, humping other dogs, being humped, reacting to being humped... So many different situations but none of the three have ever done it to a person or done it to the "wrong dog". The worst that has happened is one of mine has been told off or told off another dog, the offender has backed off and all has been fine.

I do watch the behaviour very closely, especially with other dogs, but have never needed to step in.

ETA - actually that's not true, I have restrained my dogs from humping another dog if there is any indication that the other owner doesn't like it, if the other dog is being totally submissive, or if it goes on for any length of time. I do it out of courtesy to others tho, not because I think it's a serious behavioural issue.

Edited by Simply Grand

I feel so much better knowing how common this problem is. I've had dogs all my life but none of them have had any problems with humping. When I see my 9 week old humping, many worrying scenarios just came flashing into my mind.