Dirty Lens....................

pesh

Hi All

After taking a couple of hundred photos the other day and when I loaded them I was devastated with the grubbiness. So off I go cleaning away to find there is still a mark on my next group of photos.

I can't see this mark on the lens so I'm gathering it's inside. Is that possible?

It's not the mirror as it only appears when I use this one lens.

post-3778-0-56681600-1364783231_thumb.jpg

Centre, lower bottom, to the left.

Any suggestions on how to clean this?[/b]

A scatch has been found since I posted this. Can the front glass be replaced?

Thanks

Sharon....

Edited by pesh

Is it possible you have dirt on the sensor...sometimes at certain apertures it is apparent, thus evident in certain lens use. When was the sensor last cleaned? Is the lens second hand or have you had it since new? Is this a new camera?

Why why why and how how how :crazy: . Never do I put any of my lenses away without the covers, but some how a scratch is on the front of one.

Had my sons girlfriend (better eyesight :laugh: ) have a look and she spotted it, very fine scratches.

Anyone know if the front glass cover be replaced?

Try shooting with it first. One of my workhorse lenses appears to have two really nifty gouges in it but it does not impact the images at all so I don't worry about it.

That's what's annoying me so much I have a UV lens on it. :mad

kja, if you have a look at the photo above you can see the mark. It's ok if it's a busy photo, but when it's plain it's very annoying. :banghead:

Thx for the reply.... :)

It really looks like dust on the sensor though, I know because mine is covered right now :laugh: You can't see it when shooting wide open, only when you stop down.

I had to turn my monitor brightness waaaaay up to see it though, so if you are planning on getting images printed, you might want to turn the brightness of your monitor down a bit, Pesh :)