Road Transport For Puppy

mini girl

One of my pups has been ordered by a lady who lives miles out of Moree - we live in brisbane she asked if we would be willing to drive the pup as far as toowoomba over 2 hrs drive with two toll roads as she was worried about driving all the extra miles on her own. She then rang back to say the pup could be picked up by a company Dogmovers and transported to Toowoomba by road if I gave them the pup at a road side location not too far from where I live and it would be in toowoomba in 2 hours - Dogmovers rang me today and said the pup would be kept over night at the Gold Coast and transported the next day. Said an emphatic no to this and asked what had happened to the original quote of a direct drive to toowoomba was told she had made a mistake. Alarm bells are ringing and wonder has anyone ever used this company. After much checking the dogmovers llady said it could be driven direct to toowoomba if we took it to browns plains about 45 minutes drive from us. Have rang the owner to be and left a message to ring me. Feel a bit reluctant to place my puppy with these Dogmovers crowd have flown my pups many times before without problems but has any one used them and how were they. No flights to where this lady lives.

Yes I have used them and the dogs have been fine. But they have been adult medium sized dogs - I personally wouldn't send a baby pup on a road trip with ANYONE other than the owner but I know others do.

Honestly - 2 hours drive there + two hours back, is that really such a long way to drive to ensure the pup gets the best introduction to it's new home? Could you suggest that she needs to pay you the same amount that dogmovers will charge for the same delivery?

Yes I have used them and the dogs have been fine. But they have been adult medium sized dogs - I personally wouldn't send a baby pup on a road trip with ANYONE other than the owner but I know others do.

Honestly - 2 hours drive there + two hours back, is that really such a long way to drive to ensure the pup gets the best introduction to it's new home? Could you suggest that she needs to pay you the same amount that dogmovers will charge for the same delivery?

I agree. I drive 4 hours there and 4 hours back just to drop a puppy off at the Airport.

I wouldn't want a baby going by road with a transport company.

I don't charge new owners for this either...... perhaps I should be???

Surely she has a friend that can go with her for the drive.

We will go out of our withinn reason but pups owners need to play a role as well & yes we would ask for petrol money because any other pet owner would drive

Have resolved it my husband - bless him - will drive the puppy to Ipswich on the Saturday So her husband can accompany her I would go myself but had made plans for that day that can't be changed they will then complete their journey with a stop in toowoomba. feel a lot better now.

I agree. I drive 4 hours there and 4 hours back just to drop a puppy off at the Airport.

I wouldn't want a baby going by road with a transport company.

I don't charge new owners for this either...... perhaps I should be???

That is so good of you lucky puppy buyers. We were thinking of taking the pup all the way to toowoomba but have commitments that afternoon and were worried about getting back in time. She did offer petrol money but it was a time thing and she had relations coming to stay the weekend we could do it.

Edited by mini girl