Cheapest Place To Buy Royal Canin?

Hi everyone. I know a few people feed Royal Canin, so I was hoping to get a hot tip on where to buy it the cheapest! I just paid $140 for 15kg :( It is the Giant Puppy variety that I'm after.

Thanks in advance :)

Do you have a local stock feeds store?

They always tend to have dog food a lot cheaper than any pet shops. Here they sell ProPlan for $20 less than the pet shops, and Black Hawk at the one back home is a good price too.

I see you're in Adelaide! I'm in the hills and think i'm getting ripped too. Only buying the smaller (4kg i think it is) bags at the moment which are $49.95. 10th bag is free though (yey) so that probably brings the price down a few bucks per bag if you were to average it out. I think the big bags (15kg) are $115 though. I'll be in there this week so will double check. This is for medium breed.

Edit: Just had a look at the petstock site, 138.99 for your giant 15kg bags and 49.99 for the giant 4kg aswell so that seems to be the going rate. Ive checked a few fodder type stores too and no-one seems to stock it :(

Edited by BCNut

I'm in the Adelaide Hills too BCNut. Where do you shop? Pretty sure the Giant varieties are dearer anyway (hooray for me) but that is certainly better than what I've paid. I don't have the 10th bag free thing either.

:laugh: yay for you indeed! Mt barker pet care centre i think its called - the one in the main st (gawler st i think). Even if you can get on the loyalty thing it will save you a bit. They told me last week, if you start up a card as long as you buy the majority of a certain sized bag, thats the size bag you get for free. So i.e. if you got 4x small bags and 6x big bags the free one will be a big un. So not too bad! I only found this out now that i've bought 9 small bags!!! :cry:

:laugh: yay for you indeed! Mt barker pet care centre i think its called - the one in the main st (gawler st i think). Even if you can get on the loyalty thing it will save you a bit. They told me last week, if you start up a card as long as you buy the majority of a certain sized bag, thats the size bag you get for free. So i.e. if you got 4x small bags and 6x big bags the free one will be a big un. So not too bad! I only found this out now that i've bought 9 small bags!!! :cry:

The shop I bought from was Mt Barker Pets Domain, and actually I did go past that one on Gawler St afterwards to price compare, and it was $135 there. But at least they do the tenth bag free deal, thanks.

Cheapest way to source it is via the RC Breeders' Club.

If you don't have access to that. Petstock tends to have regular (every couple of months) offers of 20% off.

I'm not a breeder so does that rule me out? Silly question?

Thanks for the Petstock tip though :)

Cheapest way to source it is via the RC Breeders' Club.

If you don't have access to that. Petstock tends to have regular (every couple of months) offers of 20% off.

I'm not a breeder so does that rule me out? Silly question?

Thanks for the Petstock tip though :)

Pretty much. You need a prefix for them to consider you generally. But do you know anyone who IS a breeder???

I do. Not sure I'd be comfortable asking them to sign up for me though. The breeder of my Saint (who feeds and has recommended the Royal Canin) is in NZ. Breeders I know in my own state feed other brands. Thanks for the idea anyway :)

I do. Not sure I'd be comfortable asking them to sign up for me though. The breeder of my Saint (who feeds and has recommended the Royal Canin) is in NZ. Breeders I know in my own state feed other brands. Thanks for the idea anyway :)

Nothing to stop them ordering for you....

We sell Royal canin the giant junior 15kg is normally $137.95 (we don't have adult atm) it is $15.00 off $122.95 finishing today, our club members always get 5% off ($131.05) and we have the loyalty card too

All RC 15kg bags are $15.00 off atm but it ends today

Edited by behluka

Do you have a shop Behluka? :)

ETA: I'm in Brisbane today so can't get there, but for future reference.

Yes P&K Pets 19 Magill Rd Stepney, I have 3 bags of the Giant Junior in stock I am happy to put some aside with the $ off if you like (only because I love your floofies :laugh: ) we do have specials on it on occassion so can let you know in future too. We have buy one get one free with the Eartborn 12kg range at the moment and $95.00 pro plan bonus bags (free 20%) with adult chicken and rice and adult large breed

Oh I've been there many times! :) I actually need Giant Puppy right now, not Junior but thanks anyway for the offer that's very kind of you. I'd love to be informed when you have specials on! Do you have a mailing list or anything like that?