Where To Buy Weave Poles For 2x2

Sorry, I know this topic has popped up before and some people get theirs from "Eddy" - no details supplied.... I found one very expensive site in Qd although not sure if their 12 pole set could be used for 2x2.

Appreciate any leads.

Thanks.

Wendy

Sorry, I know this topic has popped up before and some people get theirs from "Eddy" - no details supplied.... I found one very expensive site in Qd although not sure if their 12 pole set could be used for 2x2.

Appreciate any leads.

Thanks.

Wendy

You could use 12 pieces of poly pipe. Go to Bunnings & buy 12 cheap long screwdrivers that just fit inside the poly pipe. Push the screwdrivers into the ground & pop the pipe on top. I got my 2 x 2's from someone in Queensland & they were very poorly made & the bases were very thin & the welds snapped. :( OH had to re-make them.

Thanks. Doesn't look like there's anyone in NSW. Might go with Sheena's suggestion first up rather than spend a fortune (not sure what 'not cheap' means! $300? 400?). Freight? I have some garden stakes I can slip PVC poles over. Or I might try Crazysales. Spacing is not such a big issue according to Susan Garrett but I don't think the cheap ones can be used for 2x2 unfortunately. I only have a small dog, incidentally, so robustness not a big issue.

Hmm I paid ~$240-260 for 12 (6 sets of 2x2s's) I can't remember if that included freight or not. It may well have included freight as I have some recollection it was $35/set of 2.

Edited by ness

I know you can get them from Eddy, who runs JRTs, in Sydney. He makes a lot of equipment for Sydney people and I have some weave poles from him, he can make any configuration.

I think Wendy is saying she doesn't know who Eddy is?

I can't remember how to spell his last name but he is involved with the Hawkesbury Agility Club. Try the club unless somebody has his details for you.

Spacing ( ADAA or ANKC) can be important but less so if your dog is really little like mine are. I did use garden stakes with poly pipe over them for my little ones but soon I'll need better ones for the kelpie.

Long handled screwdrivers is a good idea.

I've made some with a large nail/spike set in instant putty in a poly pipe lid or cap. Then the cap is clued to the length of pipe and you have a pole to stick into the ground. I

use a length of canvas material with pre-measured holes so I get spacing easier.

Best thing is these home made ones can go out easily so you can weave in all sorts of places. Taking the weaves out and training elsewhere is a great help.

Happy hunting

Thanks Skip! I've found an "Eddy Smelzer" by googling JRTs and Eddy but have no idea if that's him. As my Crested and I are just starting, I'll try the cheap ones first.

That's him :)

Anyone know who to get training channel weaves from?

Not in a hurry as I have another 6 or so months before I want them, so willing to wait.

Got mine about 5 years ago from Murray when I used them for Cruz. Assume he still makes them. Funny, I tried to sell mine for ages and had no takers and then after DM seminar had about 4 people ask if I still had them, all wanting to buy. So now sold - finally !

Thanks Skip! I've found an "Eddy Smelzer" by googling JRTs and Eddy but have no idea if that's him. As my Crested and I are just starting, I'll try the cheap ones first.

That's him :)

yeah thats him but its Szmelter I think. Eddy made me and my friend some 2x2's last year. Didn't take very long and they are very well made. He will do any configuration you want.

Anyone know who to get training channel weaves from?

Not in a hurry as I have another 6 or so months before I want them, so willing to wait.

Got mine about 5 years ago from Murray when I used them for Cruz. Assume he still makes them. Funny, I tried to sell mine for ages and had no takers and then after DM seminar had about 4 people ask if I still had them, all wanting to buy. So now sold - finally !

I forgot you even had those - you should thank DM for making them so saleable again :laugh:

What did you think of them? I gather same person made the ones at WB dog club, I remember those being pretty reasonable but certainly never used them channel style to know what they were really like.